Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

use of @yahoo.com form submission address results in error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jellis00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject: use of @yahoo.com form submission address results in error Reply with quote

When user submits a form to a @yahoo.com address, an error message saying the destination server address could not be reached is displayed and the intended destination does no receive the message.
How do I fix this?
jellis00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject: Form submission error message Reply with quote

Here is the error message received by form user.:

This site can’t be reachedwww.christinashomesalesprep’s server IP address could not be found.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN[/img]
jellis00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject: Form submission received by only one email address Reply with quote

The form submission is being received by one email address, but not the intended form submission address but not the primary one, which is christinamccarty@yohoo.com. Here is the message that is being received:

From: je.lodestar@comcast.net [mailto:je.lodestar@comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 11:50 AM
To: jellis00@comcast.net
Subject: Received your email

Thank you for contacting me. I will contact you as soon as I can.

You submitted the following information:

Name: John R Ellis
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1234
City: Saratoga
State: Wyoming
Zip Code: 82331
Phone: 7202324242
What is best way for me to contact you?
Questions/Comments: Test of the form. Call me if you get this.
jellis00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This below error message that is received by the submitting user doesn't make sense to me. I know this is the correct web site address. Using this address in browser has no problem finding the website. Therefore, why won't the submit find the server IP address for it????? Somebody please help me!

This site can’t be reached www.christinashomesalesprep’s server IP address could not be found.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jellis00 wrote:
This below error message that is received by the submitting user doesn't make sense to me. I know this is the correct web site address. Using this address in browser has no problem finding the website. Therefore, why won't the submit find the server IP address for it????? Somebody please help me!

This site can’t be reached www.christinashomesalesprep’s server IP address could not be found.

Good Day,

The error you are receiving is because you have the Redirect Page setting configured to a URL that either doesn't exist or has a typographical error in it. Please got for Form Management > Edit > Redirect Page and confirm the address.

If you are not receiving the message, it is almost certainly being filtered by a spam filter on your inbox. Please read the following help document for assistance:

https://www.mycontactform.com/emailfiltering.php

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
jellis00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject: That problem solved but have another one Reply with quote

Fixing the Reedirect page solved the error problem.

Now that it is working I see another problem.
When the form submission is received it shows that it came from je.lodestar@comcast.net not christinamccarty74@yahoo.com.
je.lodestar@cincast,net is not even one of the addresses in the address book. It was an address in an old form that has since been deleted. How do I get it to show it is coming from the right email address??
jellis00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject: Correction Reply with quote

I meant to say in previous post that when the form acknowledgement/reply is received by the person originally submitting it in which the owner of the website says thanks for contacting her it shows it came from je.lodestar@comcast.net instead of the site owner's send-to address. This happens even thoush the je.lodestar@comcast.net address is not even listed in our send-to address list.
Please help!!
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Good Day,

If you go to Form Management > Edit > Auto Responder it will allow you to select the email address that the auto responses are sent from.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
jellis00

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Solved Reply with quote

Thanks, Nick!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: