Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

message arriving without message in body

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myscott

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: message arriving without message in body Reply with quote

We are getting forms submitted to us without the user's message in the body of the form. When we go online to look up the message...we see the only part of the message, the rest is being cut off.

Need help understanding why messages are being strip out of the email to us and why the message is being truncated in the message center.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

That is quite odd. I would try rebuilding the form which should correct the error.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Cavemandude

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started having the exact same problem after many years of using the same contact form. Any tips?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cavemandude wrote:
I just started having the exact same problem after many years of using the same contact form. Any tips?

This is very odd. Have you recently changed your email service / client? Have you recently installed new anti-space or virus software? Nothing has changed recently on our end, so I'm unclear what could have caused this.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Cavemandude

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing has been changed and luckily I caught it within a couple hours of it happening since I get emails everyday from that contact form. Ended up affecting 4 emails. I recopied the same HTML code again in my account and pasted that in and that fixed it.
Cavemandude

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke too soon. About 1 in 10 messages will not have any text in the message when sent to my email account but will have the message when I check in my account here.

Last edited by Cavemandude on Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Good Day,

If the message is in the Message Center in the myContactForm.com interface, then it is being emailed. It is really odd that you're not seeing it in your email client. What software are you using to check your email? Have you tried other email clients?

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Cavemandude

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do get the email and it is sent to 3 different email accounts, that is not the problem. The problem is the email is missing all the text that was in the message body and that text only shows up in the MyContactForm message center.
Cavemandude

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, got the last 16 emails in a row with all the text in the message body from what I can tell. Just got one today though that has the text cut off in the message when looking at it in the Message Center here and no text in the message body in 3 different email accounts that were delivered to 2 different email account servers.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Good Day,

I'm sorry to hear about the variability. I appreciate the frustration, but honestly can't think of anything on our end that would cause this.

Do people frequently cut and paste responses into your form? My hunch now is that something is happening on the front end of the site. I would try putting the form into a very simple webpage --- just the form itself, and send tests through to see if the issue occurs.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Cavemandude

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy and pasted 334 words in the Message Body of the contact form and that emailed correctly. Even kept the paragraph formatting.

The inconsistency is what's odd. Also, the text in the message body doesn't always show up in its entirety in the Message Center here, it's not just the emails I get.

Guess I'll try generating new code again and see what happens since that helped compared to when I first noticed it causing this problem and it was happening on almost every contact form that was filled out after it started.

Not sure what triggered the problem after using the same contact form for years. I also really want to keep the contact form on my home page since it's a 1 page website.
Cavemandude

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a good run since 7-21-19 with 30 contact form emails without a problem until today I got an contact form email without any the message in the Message Body, it had the Subject Line text. I was able to see the Message Body text in the Message Center here though. This doesn't just happen when viewing the email in Outlook. I also have an email account with my website address and checked that in my website account control panel and had the same problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: