Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error - Submitting Form

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
womenoutdoors

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject: Error - Submitting Form Reply with quote

I see this issue has been addressed several times before... but I am still confused. I go to Form Management, Basic Information --- Nick Ladd suggests leaving the URL address BLANK???? But this seems to be required????

How would one get notification of a form being submitted IF there is not URL -- i.e. mine is : www.lifeworkshelp.com

thanks,
js
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Good Day,

Just leave the setting blank and then upload the HTML code to your web page. The form submission will work, and you'll get the form email.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
neillondon

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this issue/problem. I am paid upgraded member for a few years and every year for our event, almost half of the forms submitted give the persona an error message that the form is not residing where it should be. The url is correct and the actual location if the html page the form is on. ARE YOU SAYING TO GO BACK IN AN RE DIT THE FORM AND LEAVE THE URL OF THE FORMS LOCATION BLANK?????? PLEASE CONFIRM THIS AS IT SOUNDS REALLY STRANGE. this issue is going on for a year nor no matter what page I pleace the form on. the form works on my phone but not on certain browsers of computers. AGAIN, PLEASE CONFIRM IF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS TO GO BACK IN AND RE EDIT THE FORM DELETING THE FORMS LOCATION HTML PAGE. and if I need To do this with all of my forms. THANK YOU, Sheeech, otherwise how about a refund.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, go in and blank out this setting for the forms.

Nothing changed on our end, but the browser you are using changed the way that URLs are communicated to our server.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
neillondon

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject: deleting form location url Reply with quote

thank you Nick, will do that and see how it goes. Thank you for your reply. Neil
hhmt2019

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject: URL Error On Form Submission - Fix Does Not Work Reply with quote

I have attempted to remove the "web address" where the form is located. I still get this error. Every time I go in to remove the "http://" it has returned. This is causing issues across all of the websites that are using this service and many user complaints.

We really need to get this fixed. The form has failed using Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

The http:// won't cause it to fail. Please make sure that you are blanking it out in the correct form config.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: