Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Specified e-mail address is not receiving form contents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tinwoodman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Specified e-mail address is not receiving form contents Reply with quote

For the past two weeks or so, posts to Pardee Contact 1 are not getting through to the specified address, office@pardeehome.org, even though the acknowledgment to the poster's email does. I read the article about filters and whitelisting and asked the host for pardeehome.org, TMDHosting, to whitelist MyContactForm.com. Apparently they have a policy against whitelisting a whole domain and whitelisted just forms@mycontactform.com. That didn't seem to help. I haven't changed my form here or anything else that I think would cause this problem. Is there any way you can look at the outgoing mail log and see what is causing the rejection? Or tell me how to do it? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Your contact form is crucial to the success of Pardee Home, so this is urgent. Everything was working fine up to a few weeks ago.
steve@stevebrown.us
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Day,

I sent a test through and traced it through our mail log. The messages are in fact being blocked by your incoming mail server.

Jan 2 08:28:42 920396-db1 postfix/smtp[24404]: B3FC57C5B46: to=<office@pardeehome.org>, relay=mx1.tmdhosting.com[108.178.0.170]:25, delay=2.1, delays=0.01/0/0.52/1.6, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host mx1.tmdhosting.com[108.178.0.170] said: 550 The sending IP (148.62.60.224) is listed on https://spamrl.com as a source of spam. (in reply to end of DATA command))

I have contacted spamrl.com to temporarily remove the IP from the list. If you read the instructions at this URL, it is clear that you need to have your incoming mail host actually 'train' the spam list to remove our IP.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
tinwoodman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Nick. I figured it was probably on their side, but couldn't get them to fix the problem. I hope with a copy of your reply in hand, I can work it out with them.
tinwoodman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMDHosting seems unable or unwilling to help me with the spamrl.com issue. I managed to find a tutorial on php form handling and tweaked the code your site created so that I can send the data posting and confirmation e-mails all from the pardeehome.org site without going through myContactForm.com.

Given that I have paid for nearly another year of your service, do you have any problem with my having used your html code as a starting point for the new setup? Also, can I continue to use your date picker for the remainder of our contract? By that time, we probably will have converted to a WordPress version with its own contact form.

I'm sorry to be leaving you after at least 10 years of reliable service, but I am worried that spamrl will keep causing me trouble if I don't. Thanks for your help.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

tinwoodman wrote:
TMDHosting seems unable or unwilling to help me with the spamrl.com issue. I managed to find a tutorial on php form handling and tweaked the code your site created so that I can send the data posting and confirmation e-mails all from the pardeehome.org site without going through myContactForm.com.

Given that I have paid for nearly another year of your service, do you have any problem with my having used your html code as a starting point for the new setup? Also, can I continue to use your date picker for the remainder of our contract? By that time, we probably will have converted to a WordPress version with its own contact form.

I'm sorry to be leaving you after at least 10 years of reliable service, but I am worried that spamrl will keep causing me trouble if I don't. Thanks for your help.

Good Day,

Sorry to lose your business. Yes, you may continue to use the date picker and code template.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: