Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

exporting forms joined forms (6 in a longer excel record)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Message Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emibatt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject: exporting forms joined forms (6 in a longer excel record) Reply with quote

exporting all my records (443) I got few records (7 ) with abnormal format: they were simply added to some existing records.
Not only few forms showed in Message centre they point to a different form not related with the submitted form. No way to find any ration and the trust to the server and application is very shaken. I have now to rebuild all my list starting with the confirmation email I got at registration and I have to trust any form got a confirmation.
If a valid explanation not found I have to reenter my registration manually.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Form exports can get corrupted if the form is changed once records have started to be collected. If you need to make changes to a form, duplicate it first and update the code so that you collect records under a separate form.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
emibatt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject: No form changed Reply with quote

The supplied record are clearly corrupted as supplied in the records I supplied by email to Info.
Moreover the links show several records (6) incorrectly formatted. No changes made to form by administrator. If you refer to the changes made to the user when filling the form of course it doesn't value an answer.
How it's possible it's the only concern.
Form is filled-out by user > record is stored on server > confirmation mail is sent to me. If I use this email all my data are correct.
BUT if I try to retrieve from the server data are corrupted. IF even a single record is not pointing to correct data how can I trust the system?
I Made a search on same mail address, found an entry BUT the link is pointing to WRONG record. This wrong referred record is NOT in any list I can download from Message centre. Detail sent by email to info. Still waiting for an answer from server mangment.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: No form changed Reply with quote

The only time we have ever seen this occur is when a form is changed after the data has begun collection. This is the best answer I can give and by and large the likely cause of the problem. A change can be something as simple as reordering the question list.

I would suggest, as previously stated, duplicating the form and starting collection again. I know this is not the answer you're looking for, but it is the best solution at this point. If you're unable to go through this effort, I am happy to refund your premium membership fee.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Message Center All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: