Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After submit webpage does not redirect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lpnic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject: After submit webpage does not redirect Reply with quote

I just started with mycontactform.com and am attempting to get the form up and running. Initially when I copied the html code to my editor then posted it, I was able to fill in the form, hit submit and was redirected to the webpage that I stipulated in the form set up.

Then I went back into the form set up on your website, changed some things, recopied the code back over to my editor, and reposted. But, now the page does not redirect. At first I thought nothing happened when I hit submit because the page just sits there. But, I did receive an email with the submitted for and a autoresponder email indicating my form had been submitted.

I've gone back and cut/pasted the code from your website to mine several times and it still does not redirect.

Any thoughts? Thanks
lpnic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: UPDATE: After submit webpage does not redirect Reply with quote

Just upgraded to premium, added some "special field validation" and captcha, then cut/pasted the code again, uploaded to the server. I filled out the form, purposefully not meeting the requirements in the "special field validation" (eg. one question is year build. I've required four character's so I input 3 characters). When I hit the submit, I expected an error message. But the form just sat there. I did not receive an email indicating a form had been submitted, nor did I get an error message.

FYI, the form is located at MyPensacolaHomes.com/CMA1.htm

Thanks
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

The form is working correctly in my browser (Firefox). The problem is likely the code external to the form that is causing the submission to open in a new window. This behavior is happening outside of the form code and is likely not compatible with all web browsers.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
lpnic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:40 am    Post subject: Redirect Reply with quote

Nick. Thank you for your response. I've also been using Firefox. Interesting enough, I just went back to that form, submitted it and it appears to be working today. Who knows...Thanks/
kgeriak13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Redirect and form not working? Reply with quote

My form on www.gesswein.com/t-returnapplication.aspx is not redirecting or sending my form to the email i stated? It is supposed to redirect to the homepage
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: Redirect and form not working? Reply with quote

kgeriak13 wrote:
My form on www.gesswein.com/t-returnapplication.aspx is not redirecting or sending my form to the email i stated? It is supposed to redirect to the homepage

I just tested, and it worked. Issue appears resolved. Please let me know if you are experiencing otherwise.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: