Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Image Verification Not Showing Up Regularly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leesw

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Image Verification Not Showing Up Regularly Reply with quote

I've received email complaints about this and have noticed it myself two days this week (including today).

The image verification shows most of the time as a blank image. This is a recent happening, it's always worked before.

What's worse is that if someone enters the wrong verification info they're taken to a page that tells them that and then tells them to go back to the form to enter it again, but when they do the information they entered in the form is not there anymore so they have to start all over.

This isn't good at all for us. What can be done about both issues? Here is the location of the form: http://www.marriagehelper.com/marriage_seminar.php

Thanks!
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I am not seeing any issues with the image verification, and this is the first time we've heard this complaint. Your web page in general is loading very slowly, which in turn may be slowing the image load on the form down. I reloaded the page numerous times in both IE and Firefox. The image never failed to load, although your entire webpage did fail on a couple occasions.

As for the reset of the form fields, this is due to the fact that you've specified default values for the text fields. When this is done, the fields will be reset to these once the page is left. This is a default browser behavior.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
leesw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply Reply with quote

mycontac wrote:

As for the reset of the form fields, this is due to the fact that you've specified default values for the text fields. When this is done, the fields will be reset to these once the page is left. This is a default browser behavior.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com

Thanks. I've removed the default values and it appears to be still doing it. Is it because of the drop down fields? Thank you.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Reply Reply with quote

leesw wrote:
mycontac wrote:

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com

Thanks. I've removed the default values and it appears to be still doing it. Is it because of the drop down fields? Thank you.

It looks like that didn't fix the issue. Depending on your site is put together, there could be other issues (frames, iframes, includes, etc.). This is not the default behavior of any form or browser, so there is likely something on your site that is forcing the reload.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: