Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make a fixed size font?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
david123

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: How to make a fixed size font? Reply with quote

For layout reasons I need the font used in the form to be size fixed so the user can not change it through browser settings, compromising the layout.
I’ll say in advance that I don’t need a lecture on how this is so wrong. I’ve seen that sort of discussion in a million websites and I have no wish in engaging in that debate.
I would really appreciate if anyone could help me with this.
As I don’t use CSS my hope is that might be some piece of code that I can put in the form’s HTML to prevent the font from being resized.
Thank you kindly.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

You would need to use CSS in order to achieve this. It is not something that is possible using our configuration option in the admin panel alone.

Off the top of my head (not-tested) you should be able to look at the source code for the form and change the portion for each question that says:

Code:
<font color="Some Color" size="Some Number" face="Some Font">

To:

Code:
<font style="font-size: 12px;" color="Some Color" face="Some Font">

You would basically replace the size="" parameter of the font tag with a little bit of CSS. The 12px denotes 12 pixels, but you can change this to your own value.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
david123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Thanks Nick Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your fast reply.
That's exactly what I hoped for. It works wonderfully in Internet Explorer. Unfortunately it doesn't work with any of the others browsers with text resizing feature and the whole layout just goes out the toilet with a click.
I suppose a cross-browser solution must be a bit more complicated.
So frustrating…
david123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Will the Form work in a frame. Reply with quote

Ok, so as far as my reseach and severeal atemps go it seams to me it is impossible a cross-browser solution to my problem.
Given that I came up with two possible solutions: whether I make a pop up page for the form (not exactly what I had in mind), or I create an incorporated frame and put the form in a different page (I could live with that).
Will the form work in a frame?
david123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already tested the Form inside a frame.
It works.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

david123 wrote:
I've already tested the Form inside a frame.
It works.

I'm glad you've gotten the form to work.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: