Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

File Attachment set up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Does your post not fit anywhere?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ve3bdb

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: File Attachment set up Reply with quote

I have followed all instructions for including a file attachment option and it is indicated as being activated. However, I see nothing on the form to indicate the user may attach a file. What 's wrong?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Did you regenerate new html and copy it to your site?

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
ve3bdb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Inserting File Attachment option Reply with quote

Yes, I did.

The problem occurs when I am CREATING the form. It gives me a choice of where to insert the file attachment but then, when I choose the one I wish and save, it reverts to insertion in a position I didn't choose and don't want.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

After you've inserted the attachment field, go to the Form Management panel and click [preview]. Is it showing on the form in the correct location?

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
ve3bdb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Inserting File Attachment option Reply with quote

I didn't go that far, Nick. In frustration, I finally put the insert option at the top of the form because there was no proper indication it would display where I wanted it when I wished it to go during creation.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Go to the preview. It is most likely being placed in the proper position. In the edit portion of the panel, the display defaults back to a certain location when you go in to edit it, when in actuality it is locating itself at the proper place on the form (wherever the last saved position was that was specified).

This is a small usability issue that is going to be changed for the next update (end of August).

If it still doesn't work, you may need to rebuild the form from scratch in order for it to locate properly.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
ve3bdb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: File Attachment set up Reply with quote

Thank you, Nick. I don't want to change the form I now have posted on a website. However, I will keep your advice in mind for the next time should that be necessary.
I greatly appreciate your replying.
leesw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I didn't know that could be done. Glad to know that and I will likely do that with a project in the near future.

Thanks!

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Does your post not fit anywhere? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: