Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

adding email address without confirming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
printpro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: adding email address without confirming Reply with quote

I just bought this service in order to save me some time at my business. So far it looks awesome and works well! BUT I have a severe concern.

I do NOT want to be confirming the email addresses of my clients through this program. I'd like to be able to just set this up as I like it and not be forced to send them information about mycontactform.com since it's not necessary for them to know about this part of their web development.

I'm sincerely concerned about this and it's very frustrating to not have any other option available.

As a premium member I hope it will be changed soon so that it's usable for people running a web development business. I would love to get a response to this so that I can have some hope that this issue may be addressed. I don't want to cancel this service so soon after getting it. Everything else works so well! :(

Thanks in advance,
Meg Hanson
Print Pro, Inc.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Meg,

I'm sorry, but there is no way around this confirmation, and we have no plans to change this is the future. Confirming each and every email address within our systems is imperative to the security of our service.

In addition, please note that the Terms of Service prohibits web developers from using myContactForm.com on their client's sites without first obtaining permission to do so:

Quote:
c. Authorized Users
Only the person who signed up for the user account may access and use the account. Accounts may not be shared or distributed to other parties. The forms created by a specific user may only be placed on web sites that they specifically own and operate. If you design web sites for other parties, you may not use the myContactForm.com service on their sites without prior approval in writing from the operators or myContactForm.com. If you are a web designer and are interested in using our service on your client’s web sites, please contact us.

Please e-mail me, and I'll let you know the details about how you can continue to use our service on your client's web sites.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
info@mycontactform.com
printpro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh goodness....well a lot of the testamonials gave the impression that web developers were using it to help ease their development process. It was a little misleading. Sad

"I have always hated building forms extensions blowing out constant calls from customers about faulty forms. So I decided to try this service and test it, well the verdict is in for me. I just finished up a site for a printing company and have three separate forms used in it. The customer was very pleased and impressed, and my life was much easier. . Thanks!!"

Shane Smith, Ebiz Industries
www.dhprinting.com

This one in particular led me to believe that it would be possible to do this.

But ultimately it was my fault for not reading the terms of service in depth.

I'll contact you about using it on our clients site but more than likely I'll have to cancel the service.

Thanks for the reply,
~Meg Hanson
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you for understanding. The problem is that sharing accounts between individuals presents a pretty big security issue. For example, anyone who has an email address confirmed within your account could potentially reset your password and gain control of the account; changing other people's forms within the account, reading other people's form submissions via the Message Center, etc. This is the reason we make it required for web developers to break their client's forms out into individual accounts.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
bsdwork

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, it's a better way of protection..
I've once had this problem, but someone guided me to this too..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: