Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Form doesn't work when multiple urls are added to Location

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
globalinsites

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Form doesn't work when multiple urls are added to Location Reply with quote

Hi,

I need to be able to place my form on mulitiple urls because my site is translated in other languages. However, I noticed that when I add more than one url in form management's Basic Form Information - Form Location, that my form doesn't work on any of the urls. It does however work when only one url is added to the Form Location..

It says to type one URL per line, which I did. I doublechecked the urls and they are okay.

When multiple urls are added to the Form Location in form management, and I try to submit my form, then in FF it tries to save sendform.php to my harddisc, and in IE I just get this error: 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'.

Please help, I need to fix this problem as soon as possible because my members currently cannot contact me..

Thanks
globalinsites

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read about the bug in the post below mine (and in some other posts) and I'm guessing that it's that bug that's causing the problems I'm having. I suppose I will need to copy my form 10 times since I need my form on 11 pages?

You probable have a good reason for not fixing this bug right away, although I don't think that a bug like this is really acceptable when offering a premium membership for a service that is supposed to make life easier but doesn't. What I don't understand is why you don't mention the bug in the control panel, would have saved me a couple of frustrating hours..

Question: besides copying my form and placing the form code of each form on the correct url and enter the correct url in the Location in the control panel, is there anything else I should do?

I'm not sure if you're checking my account but in case you are: I currently only have one url entered because it didn't seem to be working with having all my urls there. It's possible that the url that I was testing wasn't at the top of the list, I don't really remember. From what I understand from the other posts that I read, the url listed at the top should work.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

The bug is currently being fixed, but will not be released until our next large software update (1-2 months). Typically the problem can be solved be simply recreating the form. In the form that you recreate, go ahead and enter in the multiple URLs.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: