Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mycontactform.com is not accepting URL with upper case path

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Don't worry about it. Simply type in the URL in whatever form you wish. We'll store it in our databases in all lowercase, but this will not cause a problem when the actual form is submitted.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Good Afternoon,

The problem with your form is actually not with the referring URL. While we store the URL in our database in all lower case, this doesn't affect the script because when the form is submitted, the referring URL (the address of the form) is ALSO converted to all lower case within our script before it is compared against the URL we have in our database. This is done for uniformity sake. Hopefully this makes sense.

Anyways, the problem you are experiencing with your forms is actually being caused by some incorrect HTML. For some reason the code on your site is showing the username as 'elmer jimenez', when it should show it as 'bethanylb' (this is what the code we've provided has). This problem was most likely caused by changing the username for your account, and then not updated the form HTML (although it could have been caused by something else).

Long story short, if you regenerate the code from the admin panel, completely delete the code off your site, and then repaste the new code, it should solve the problem.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Brubie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: I too have the same problem. Reply with quote

mycontac wrote:
Good Afternoon,

The problem with your form is actually not with the referring URL. While we store the URL in our database in all lower case, this doesn't affect the script because when the form is submitted, the referring URL (the address of the form) is ALSO converted to all lower case within our script before it is compared against the URL we have in our database. This is done for uniformity sake. Hopefully this makes sense.

Anyways, the problem you are experiencing with your forms is actually being caused by some incorrect HTML. For some reason the code on your site is showing the username as 'elmer jimenez', when it should show it as 'bethanylb' (this is what the code we've provided has). This problem was most likely caused by changing the username for your account, and then not updated the form HTML (although it could have been caused by something else).

Long story short, if you regenerate the code from the admin panel, completely delete the code off your site, and then repaste the new code, it should solve the problem.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com

Thank you Nick for answering the same problem I have.

I understand what you have explained to Bethanyib up to the end of the penultimate paragraph.

Can you please explain to me more precisely what you mean by "if you regenerate the code from the admin panel". What code do you mean and which admin panel are you referring to? Is it the admin panel at my web hosting site or maybe at mycontactform.com?

The address at my webstie address, that is where the actual form is located, is: www.trademaze.com/TM_Application_Form.htm .

Thank you kindly,

Bruce
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: I too have the same problem. Reply with quote

Brubie wrote:
mycontac wrote:
Good Afternoon,

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com

Thank you Nick for answering the same problem I have.

I understand what you have explained to Bethanyib up to the end of the penultimate paragraph.

Can you please explain to me more precisely what you mean by "if you regenerate the code from the admin panel". What code do you mean and which admin panel are you referring to? Is it the admin panel at my web hosting site or maybe at mycontactform.com?

The address at my webstie address, that is where the actual form is located, is: www.trademaze.com/TM_Application_Form.htm .

Thank you kindly,

Bruce

It is the admin panel at mycontactform.com.

1. Login to myContactForm.com
2. Click 'get HTML' next to the name of your form
3. Copy and paste the provided code to your site

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: