Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple field response in email + no entries in Contact Mgr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Multiple field response in email + no entries in Contact Mgr Reply with quote

Hi-
I am getting two entries to one of the fields in the response email, i.e.:
Send us a message: Message inf
Send us a message: Message info

I tried deleting that message field and then re-starting it and it didn't seem to matter.

Also, although the messages are shown as being posted and I'm getting the reply email (that the poster would normally receive), no contacts are appearing in the contact manager section.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Greetings,

I sent a test message through your form. Please post as a reply to this message the exact e-mail that you receive so that I can diagnose the problem.

As for the contacts, they are not automatically added to the contact manager. They must be added manually.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Email info from Form Reply with quote

Nick-
I did not get an email from your form submittal. I went to the website, however, and submitted one which returned the following information. So you could see what info I filled out, I put a screen shot for you at:
http://www.worldsweeper.com/formtemp.html

Name Prefix: Mr.
First Name: Ranger
Last Name: Kidwell-Ross
Title: owner
Company or Organization: American Proofreading Co.
Address: 2778 Barrel Springs Road
City: Bow
State: WA
Zip: 98232
Phone: 360-724-7355
How many broom sweepers do you operate?: 1
How many air sweepers do you operate?: 2
What types of information would you like to receive?: World Sweeper magazine issues, Breaking sweeping news and information, New sweeping-related sales, specials and product info
Send us a message:
Send us a message:
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I found the bug that was causing this and have fixed it.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Ranger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: All fields still not working. Reply with quote

Nick-
Although there aren't 2 message replies now, the field entitled:
What types of information would you like to receive from us?
does not work. To be on the safe side, I deleted the only field that said that and generated a new one.

Again, the screenshot (sorry to get the image link wrong last time...) is at:
http://www.worldsweeper.com/formtemp.html

You can see from the screenshot of the form itself to the info sent to me in the email below that the one particular field is not working. Ideas?

Name Prefix: Mr.
First Name: Ranger
Last Name: Kidwell-Ross
Title: owner 3
Company or Organization: American Proofreading Co.
Address: 2778 Barrel Springs Road
City: Bow
State: WA
Zip: 98232
Phone: 360-724-7355
How many broom sweepers do you operate?: 44
How many air sweepers do you operate?: 44
What types of information would you like to receive from us?
Send us a message: Message here.

PS Also, there's a funny capital E looking character right after the Submit button in the script. I removed it by selecting the space after the word Value-"Submit"> and before the </td> in the following code and hitting the space bar. Whatever is being generated there now is making the weird character on my browser:

<input name="submit" type="submit" style="button: #FFFFFF; font: Arial; font-size: 16; color: #000000; border-bottom:2px solid #000000; border-right:2px solid #000000; border-top:2px solid #000000; border-left:2px solid #000000" value="Submit"> </td>
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Ranger,

I fixed the problem...please confirm from your end. As for the 'wierd character', this was not generated in our html. I think that whatever html editor you are using must have put it in there. When I look at the html that our site is generating, it contains no such character.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Solution Check Reply with quote

Nick-
All the fields seem to work fine now, however the info is still not showing up in the Contact Management section. It shows no contacts to export. Ideas? Am I missing something?
-Ranger
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Ranger,

From an earlier post:

Quote:
As for the contacts, they are not automatically added to the contact manager. They must be added manually.

When a form is submitted, a contact is not automatically created. You must manually add these contacts. To do this:

1. Login to the site
2. Click Contact Management
3. Click Add New Contact

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: