Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

error when submitting form , not right url

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rosep

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: error when submitting form , not right url Reply with quote

i get this error:

This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as http://paulmrose.dyndns.org/computertechnology/contact.html. To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location.

i have it added to the url so the contact form is on 2 websites, but it doesn't work on that one, help please!!!!!!!
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

It appears that you are using a dynamic DNS service for your site. Depending on the manner in which they are routing traffic to your server, it could be causing a problem with the referring URL (this is most likely the case). Try recopying and pasteing the form HTML in addition to confirming that the URL of your form is entered correctly within the admin panel. If both of those things work out, it is most likely a DNS issue which we can't resolve.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
rosep

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have another site http://pmr.webhop.org

that is a mirror of the site with some changes, and the form works fine on it, so i'm not sure why it wouldn't work, i can try to repaste the html and see, any other suggestions?
rosep

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't seem to get it to work by repasting, weird because it works on my other sites, i'll try to make a new form just for it, maybe that will work
rosep

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay just so you guys know.

if anyone is using a dyndns such as dyndns.org for site urls, you can only use 1 site url per form, if you put more than one url per form on a dyndns you will get an error.

to fix this i just created another form speicificaly for the other url i wanted anothe form that was exactly the same and re-created it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: