Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calculate Values

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Site Suggestion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDOG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Calculate Values Reply with quote

I would like to provde a form which gets completed on line with the results posted in the form.

The type calculations would be:
Insert a value (an IF statement would be needed - based upon the value there would then be a numeric value assigned) (IF value=34 then "-10", value = 22 then"=-5)
Answer Yes or No Questions (Answer would have a numeric value) (Yes=1, no=2... IF value=1 then"-10" IF value=2,"5")
Select items from a list (each selected would have a numeric value)

Form would start with a value of 100
Each question would have a numeric value (using one of the three methods to calculate)
At the end of the form would have the final numeric value.
The Final value could also have an assigned message (another IF statement - ie IF final numeric value is 90 they get the message "very good"

This form would not be submitted to e-mails it would just be an on line calculation.

Is this possible? OR do you have a suggestion as to how I can do this???
I currently figured out how to create this form in Excel... but getting it onto my server and having it look okay seems to not work.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry, this is not possible with our service. It would have to be either a custom programmed script or javascript.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Site Suggestion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: