Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

form goes to multiple emails?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
about350

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: form goes to multiple emails? Reply with quote

When my form is submitted, it gets sent to 2 different email addresses within my account. I only want it to go to one. When creating the form, it asks for only one email. Can this be fixed?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

The only way that it is going to 2 seperate email addresses is:

1. You have some sort of autoforwarding setup on your email account outside of myContactForm.com.

2. You have configured your form to do this. To check and make sure that it is not configured to do this, login to the site, click [edit] next to your form's name, and then click Send To Address.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
about350

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: RE: form goes to multiple emails? Reply with quote

Thanks Nick.

1. I double checked the email account. There is NO autoforwarding currently set up.

2. The only option I am given is "1. Send form submittals to one predefined e-mail address." In the next step, only one address is selected. However, that address was changed from a previous email address used for testing, and the new code was copied and pasted into my html, and re-uploaded to the server, with the same result.

http://www.americantreescapes.com/contact_us.html
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

The form is setup correctly, and should be only sending to the one address as specified. If it is going to other addresses, there must be something setup with your e-mail account that is autoforwarding. Another possibility is that you have an autoresponder setup for the form (I didn't verify this), and the autoresponse is being mistaken for a second e-mail?

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: