Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contact form fields not taken over in Contact Management

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Contact Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hazu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Contact form fields not taken over in Contact Management Reply with quote

The contact details fields of my form (which is based on the default form provided bymyContactForm) are not automatically taken over in the Contact Management center. Except for the email address of the person submitting the form. This means that I have to manually type the person's First Name, Last Name, URL etc.

Isn't this supposed to be done automatically? It was one of the reasons for me to pay for the premium account. Or am I doing something wrong?

It would be a great service if all contact data are automatically taken from the form and placed in the Contact Management. For this purpose, Contact Management should also contain a field for the Company name, city, Zip and Country (basically, it should have all the contact data fields that are normally in a Vcard). It saves a lot of work, especially if when you have to process a lot of forms.

Do you know that Apple's Address Book does not accept the VCards generated by myContactForm?

You can see the form at: www.cemarking.net/forms/inquiryform.html
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Due to the degree of customization that is possible with our forms, it is not possible to automatically port certain form fields over to the contact manager.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
bforce

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Automatic Entry Into Contact Management Reply with quote

Like Hazu...I purchased your product to cut down on my data entry and would prefer the customer to enter their contact info like name and email addy and phone, contact person name automatically into my "address book."

Since Hazu asked about this in June of 2006 has anything changed on this subject?

Thanks
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

This is not something that can be integrated into the Contact Manager. You can however export this data to a variety of formats using the Message Center.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Contact Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: