Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

not receiving attachment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
utahjazz7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: not receiving attachment Reply with quote

I've recently become a premium member because I wanted users to be able to send me attachments. However, I am not receiving any attachments when I test my form. I've seen questions about attachments before, but none of the answers applied in my case.

I am receiving the e-mails, and in my inbox I'm told that the e-mail has an attachment. The form information is being displayed properly in the text of the e-mail. But, there is no attached file.

1. username: utahjazz7
2. form URL: http://utfyi.utoledo.edu/submitinformation.shtml
3. form name: FYI campus events 2
4. I'm forwarding a copy of an e-mail to info@mycontactform.com

_____

Also, instead of a pop up, this message is very briefly displayed before I am sent to the redirect page. I am receiving the subject line that I want in my e-mails though. Since everything except the attachment is working properly, I don't know why I would be getting this message.

"Error!

If you are the owner of this form you need to make sure to paste the html for the form that we provided you with exactly as it is onto your website.
You need to specify a subject for this e-mail. If there was no place to input a subject then the owner of the form does not have their form configured correctly.

[Back to Form]"

_____

Thank you for your help!
utahjazz7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should also let you know that I have tried three different e-mail addresses: @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, and one from my university. I am not receiving an attachement with any of these.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I sent a test message through your form (I didn't see any error message). If you could please forward the form submission to info@mycontactform.com I would appreciate it. I have not received any other forwarded messages from you.

Thank you,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
utahjazz7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got your e-mail and the form submission. Again, there was no attachment with the form submission. I forwarded the form submission to info@mycontactform.com

I would like to get this problem solved soon. Thank you for your help. I'm sorry that it took me days to reply to you; I was out of town for the week.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Unfortunatley, I am not receiving any e-mails from you. Are you certain that you e-mail account is functioning properly? This might also be what is causing the attachments to not show up for you. I would suggest that you setup a free e-mail account (Yahoo!, Hotmail, Gmail, etc.) and test it out. If it is working with a different account (especially one with a web based interface) then the most likely problem is either with you e-mail address or your e-mail client.

Thank you,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
utahjazz7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, my e-mail account is functioning properly. I am already using a Yahoo! account. And, as I said before, I have also tried having the form submission sent to a gmail account and the e-mail address I have from my university. None of the three are receiving attachments.

I will forward the form submission to you once again and I will CC it to one of my own e-mail addresses to make sure the Yahoo! account is functioning properly.
utahjazz7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you didn't receive the e-mail again, here's a copy of the text as it would have been sent to you in the forwarded e-mail.

_____

--- info@mycontactform.com, UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTER_ADDRESS@.SYNTAX-ERROR. wrote:

> Date: 10 Apr 2006 10:33:14 -0500
> To: utahjazz7@yahoo.com
> Subject: FYI campus event information
> From: info@mycontactform.com
> <info@mycontactform.com>
>
> From: info@mycontactform.com
> Subject: FYI campus event information
> Sent: 4/10/2006 at 10:33:14 CST from 64.122.103.198
>
> 2. your name: Nick LAdd
> 3. name of FYI campus event: Test
> 4. brief description of event: Test
> 5. date of event: test
> 6. time of event: test
> 7. location of event: test
> 8. contact person: test
> 9. contact person's department (e.g. student
> activities): test
> 10. contact person's e-mail: test
> 11. contact person's phone number: test
> 12. event website: test
>
>
>
>
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Still haven't received any forwarded messages from you...

Anyways, please copy and paste to the Help Forum the entire message headers for the e-mail.

Thank you,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I looked into the issue a little more in detail. I temporarily added my e-mail address to your account and pointed your form submissions to this address.

First, I sent your form hosted on your web server (and pointing to my e-mail address) and was not able to receive an attachment.

Second, I sent your form hosted on my web server (and pointing to my e-mail address) and was and to receive an attachment.

This test tells me that the problem is either:

1. With your form's HTML hosted on your web server. Test this by recopying and pasting the HTML we provide to your server (don't alter it in any way to start) and then test the form. If the attachments are still not working then:

2. Check with your server administrator to make sure that they allow these types of posts. They may be blocking you from posting files (I think this is the most likely problem).

Thank you,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
utahjazz7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After talking with someone running my server, it seems like files are generally not permitted to be sent from webpages on this server. But, if a specific port is needed to send the attachment files, that port could more likely than not be opened. The person I talked to seemed to think that port 25 would need to be opened.

Could you tell me which port or ports the form submission goes through?
utahjazz7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people running my server are trying to work out this problem. They sent some questions and information to pass on to you. If you could reply to this post and my previous post, I would realy appreciate it. Here's what they just sent to me.

"Please check with company and see if their script requires JAVA or
SENDMAIL to work. Tell them our page is running on a server running
iis6"
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Java and Sendmail are not required. In addition, port 80 is the only one that is required (standard http port). I am not familiar with IIS but am guessing that there is something in the config that is not allowing your web page to preform these types of posts.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: