Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error when submitting a hosted form

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsnyder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Error when submitting a hosted form Reply with quote

What should the correct form file address be if you want to use a hosted form? It works (the results still come in fine) if I use the link address provided as the filename address but I always get an error "If you are the owner of this form you need to make sure to paste the html for the form that we provided you with exactly as it is onto your website" Can you help?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Please post the address of the form (where I can view it online, and test it) that you are having the problems with. It should work regardless of what address you provide if it is a hosted form.

Just post the hosted address, and I'll get back to you.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
rsnyder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link. I just made up a generic form to see what it would be like before I make the form I intend to use.

http://www.mycontactform.com/hosted/form.php?formid=6148

Thanks for your help
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

If you are using the hosted form, it does not matter what address you put in for the form. It will work regardless of what address you specify.

If you decide to use the form hosted from your website, you need to provide the address where the form is located, ie:

http://www.yoursite.com/yourform.html

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
rsnyder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get an error when you tested the form? It does work but the error screen always appears.

Thanks
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Woops Reply with quote

I see the problem now, what happend is that you did not specify a redirect page for the form. Did you just leave this blank during the wizard, or did you at one time have a redirect page specified?

I'll look into it and see if there is a bug somewhere in our software. Please let me know though whether there was a redirect page originally specified.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
rsnyder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were 100% right. Not having a redirect page was the problem. Thank you so much for your help. By the way, your contact forms are so easy to use your service is definitely a great value!

Roberta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: