Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Valid Email Address?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonnie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Valid Email Address? Reply with quote

Hi,
I have created several versions of a form and keep getting this error when I try to submit a test - "We're sorry but the e-mail address you entered does not appear to be valid. Please push the back button on your browser and enter a valid e-mail address."

One form I tried to create did give me two email fields (the one I created and an auto-created one). I deleted the entire form prior to realizing I could just delete the duplicate field.

On all of the other versions I have set up, it has not auto-created an email field for me, I have only gotten the one I created.

I saw on another thread on this board where html editors can change information causing the form to malfunction.

So I tried setting my form up as an SSI include so it is just a .txt file copied directly from the "Get HTML" link.

I didn't change any fields or settings on that form, and saved it as a .txt file with SSI, but still getting the error when I try to test it, so at this point, I am raising the white flag!

Here is the form - http://raidmycloset.net/submit_item

thanks!
-bonnie
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I went ahead and sent a test e-mail through...worked fine for me. The only problem I see is that your re-direct page is drawing a error 404.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
bonnie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nick. The 404 error is b/c I haven't built the thank you page, will do that once I get the form working properly.

I hadn't thought about it being a browser compatibility issue (was testing in Firefox), but after getting the message that it worked for you I tested it in IE and it worked fine - in that case, I suppose I could just need to put a note on that page stating that they need to use IE to complete the form.

But I just changed out the SSI to the html for the way I wanted the form to read and tried it in IE, and am again getting an error about a valid email address....
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Bonnie,

I just looked at your form. It is missing the automatically added e-mail address field (it is showing an e-mail address field, but not automatic one...the one it is showing is a normal question that you added to the form). Did you delete this?

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Upon further inspection, it appears that something has become corrupted on the backend of your form. It looks like you'll have to start from scratch in order to get this form working.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: