Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS Exchange (Office365) Flagging ALL as Fraud and Spoofing!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazarusjl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: MS Exchange (Office365) Flagging ALL as Fraud and Spoofing! Reply with quote

I am a Premium Memeber
I kept wondering why I was not receiving emails via the form and realized I had several in the message center.
After testing, I was able to identify that the MyContactForm is not passing the MS Exchange Fraud Detection testing and thus flagging ALL emails from the service as spam\spoof\fraud.
If the responses are even makling it to my customers, I am concerned they will see this.
Further, any notice to me is eiother going into spam folder or not being sent to me at all.

I did several tests and they look as follows (Bold is Exchange added info at top of email):

This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be. Learn about spoofing

This is an automated confirmation that we have received your email.

We will be back in touch with you soon!

Thank you

You submitted the following information:

Name: Joe Lazarus
Phone: 8283291481

I did not see a way to attach the email or I would have done so for your review as well.

I have the alias address set in exchange so I don't know what to do.
It is probably a simple fix, but please help or I will have to stop using MyContactForm.

username: lazarusjl
web form location: http://www.storehousecoffee.com/contact_us.html
from name: Contact Us
Alias used: contact-us@storehousecoffee.com

This is urgent.

Thank you,

Joe
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: MS Exchange (Office365) Flagging ALL as Fraud and Spoofi Reply with quote

Joe,

This is common with all third party form processors as the messages will always originate from our server, but have email headers where the 'From' header matches the user's email. This is due to the fact that it is impossible for us to send via your mail server while we need the recipients of forms to be able to reply directly to form messages by simply pressing the 'reply' button in their email client. There isn't much that can be done from our end to prevent this.

You can read more below about preventing spam filtering:

http://www.mycontactform.com/emailfiltering.php

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
lazarusjl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Whitelisting did the trick.

In Exchange I had to add your domain and mine to the ByPassSpam filter.

Hopefully this will help anyone else using Exchange Server.

All the Best,

Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: