Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto Responder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rawhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Auto Responder Reply with quote

I have created an order form box that confirms the order back to the originator which works fine. I have tried to include an Auto Response by completing the Auto Response Subject Box & Text but for some reason this is not being sent at the same time .... which I assume it is supposed to do? I have only just joined myContactForm so still getting used to it .... but I am obviously doing something very basically wrong can you or anyone else on the Forum help please.
Fred
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Good Day,

Please confirm that the function is turned on under the Edit > Auto Responder part of the control panel.

It is is enabled, yet you are not getting the messages, please check your spam filter settings as it may be getting sent, but then filtered.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
rawhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Auto Responder Reply with quote

I have checked everything you mentioned, still no auto reply email.
I am using Moonfruit and inserting a HTML Snippit with the code for my created form. I am receiving the form correctly to my email address. But the auto response confirmation email is not being sent to the person who has completed the form. There are no spam settings on my form. I have followed the setup to the letter but still no auto reply email.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Responder Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
I have checked everything you mentioned, still no auto reply email.
I am using Moonfruit and inserting a HTML Snippit with the code for my created form. I am receiving the form correctly to my email address. But the auto response confirmation email is not being sent to the person who has completed the form. There are no spam settings on my form. I have followed the setup to the letter but still no auto reply email.

If the form is configured correctly for auto responses, then they are being sent. Please post the URL of the form and I will manually send a test through.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
rawhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:38 am    Post subject: Auto Responder Reply with quote

Thanks Nick ..... everything rests on this being successful otherwise I will have to use another form maker which I would prefer not too!

Fred

http://www.wopec.net/#/test-oil-order-page/4591975846
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Hi Fred.

I sent a test message through, and did in fact receive an auto response. The problem with SPAM filters is that they often will incorrectly filter automated messages, such as auto responses. This is a common issue with all auto responders (not just myContactForm.com).

I would also suggest a minor tweak to your code since you are using the form in a frameset. This will prevent the frame within a frame situation during the redirect that the form is currently experiencing.

Change:

Code:
<form name="contactForm" id="contactForm" method="post"  action="http://www.mycontactform.com/sendform/sendform.php" style="width: 80%; border: 3px double #000000; margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color: transparent;">

To:

Code:
<form name="contactForm" id="contactForm" method="post"  action="http://www.mycontactform.com/sendform/sendform.php" target="_parent" style="width: 80%; border: 3px double #000000; margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color: transparent;">

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
rawhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick

The "Oil Order" came through to WOPEC OK ..... and from what you have said above you received an auto response confirming it.

I will wait for a computer literate friend to alter the new coding just incase I somehow do it incorrectly and will let you know if it was successful.

Thank you for your patience and for taking the time to sort this out for me.

Best Regards

Fred
rawhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick

Eureka .... success! It took quite a while with my computer literate friend pulling his hair out with frustration. Too long to go into but basically down to AOL spam filters.

Your suggested tweak solved the problem of frame within frame and now returns the form filler to our Members Page which is exactly where we wanted them sent.

Thanks for all your help

Fred
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: