Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PLEASE help! :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melody0124

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: PLEASE help! :) Reply with quote

I am trying to test my form, but I get this error message:
This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as . You had it specified as being http://www.geocities.com/mltessaro/index.html. To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location.

no matter what address I use, it doesn't work.
My URL is
www.geocities.com/MLTessaro

What can I do?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Try This Reply with quote

Try changing the address to:

http://www.geocities.com/MLTessaro/index.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi! thanks, at the time, I had already tried that and it didn't work.
Turns out the error message was not complete. This morning when I tried it, I had an error message that told me what I was entering and what it was supposed to be...
For some reason it was not doing that last night.
I was thinking maybe it was because my account was so new? I don't know.
Anyway, all is well now and I LOVE your service!
Thanks Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, thats the same problem for me. except the domain is http://coolinternetworld.com/thanks.htm and I cant access it, but 3/4 of my customers can. Many complain because of the problem!
xlr8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest, it seemed to work fine for me.... you might have a problem with your computers browser settings or something.....
-steve
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: I'm looking into it. Reply with quote

It seems that there may be some problem with how we are obtaining the referring address. I will look into it this evening and see if I can find a solution. It seems to be a small problem only affecting a small percentage of users.

Thanks for your patience,

Nick Ladd
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: I think it is fixed Reply with quote

I believe that I have fixed the problem. Can everyone that is having this problem please run a few tests to confirm that it works?

Thanks!

Nick Ladd
Melody0124

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick!
Once again this morning it did not work. I wonder if it has something to do with case sensitivity? The form had been running fine, but now this morning it said I entered mltessaro and it wanted MLTessaro.
Does it make a difference as to how the person typed it in to their browser or something?
Thanks for working on it Smile
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Case Sensitivity Reply with quote

Yes, the case sensitivity does matter. I will see if I can hack the script a bit to correct this.
Melody0124

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile I can see that being a problem...if I pass out a card that has caps on it, and the customer just uses lowercase bc they dont know better, it will frustrate them.
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: