Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I adjust the width of the left column of my form?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marsdaan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Can I adjust the width of the left column of my form? Reply with quote

Since the "question" (in the left column) is a lot longer than the "answer" (right column) in my form (http://www.squiver.com/sessions/), I would like to make the left column wider. Is there a way to do that? I am looking for something more like half / half when it comes to distribution of my two columns.

Can someone please let me know if I am able to influence this in any way? Changing the size of the fields does not do anything.

Thanks!
Daniella
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

You can manually adjust this in the HTML code. Look for the part of the code that says:

Code:
width: 30%;

Changing this to a larger value will widen the column.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
marsdaan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Found it Smile
dpotie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this same issue, but my form width seems to be locked at 100%. I want to make the left column narrower and right column wider. Not sure where to change. "width" is only represented in the following two places in my form and changing that number to anything but 100% just seems to narrow the whole table.

<table border="0" width="100%" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px solid #000000; background-color: #ffffff; border-image: none">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" width="100%">
<tbody>
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpotie wrote:
I have this same issue, but my form width seems to be locked at 100%. I want to make the left column narrower and right column wider. Not sure where to change. "width" is only represented in the following two places in my form and changing that number to anything but 100% just seems to narrow the whole table.

<table border="0" width="100%" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px solid #000000; background-color: #ffffff; border-image: none">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" width="100%">
<tbody>

Please post a link to your code. I can show you where to change it.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: