Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Responses showing up in wrong spots in Message Center messag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
campmichigammealumni

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Responses showing up in wrong spots in Message Center messag Reply with quote

I created a form a couple weeks ago and sent it out to a couple people in our organization to test it. Several of the entries came back with responses in the wrong order in the message center. A "Yes" from a checkbox appeared as the answer to an open-ended text box question that came before it, etc. It was strange because some people's responses all recorded in the correct fields and others did not. (about half) On the emails that sent to my email account, everything looked fine. It was in the message center that responses were jumbled in the wrong fields.

I searched these help archives for a solution, and I found that many people had to completely redo the form to get rid of this bug. So I recreated the form under a different title. Tried it myself, worked great, sent it out to other test colleagues, and the very first response that came back had answers in the wrong fields in the message center.

So my questions are: 1) What can I do beyond recreating the form? (since I already tried that and form 2 was still messed up) 2) Are there ways to edit the responses in the message center? We were planning on exporting the messages to Excel to create mailing lists for certain interests, etc. We can't do that if the information is showing up in the wrong fields. It would be a pain in the butt for me to have to do it this way, since it is a volunteer job and I was hoping to just have the info show up in the message center correctly so I could just create reports and export them. But it would be better than wrong responses or having to enter everything from the emails into a spreadsheet. 3) If this cannot get resolved, can we cancel and get our money back?

I'm very disappointed, and now I'm going to look like a goof to my organization if I have to say, "Nope, just kidding, I can't get the form to work" after telling them I'd found the perfect solution. It's not on any of our websites, just hosted on MyContactForm, so it's here: http://www.mycontactform.com/hosted/form.php?formid=419839 So I know it's not an HTML error since it's hosted.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Thank you!
Jen
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Day,

The behavior that your are describing (questions correct in the actual email, but misplaced in the online Message Center) if typically caused when a form is created, messages begin to be collected, and then the form is changed by either a question being added, removed, or rearranged. Is this the case? Have you tried creating a new form (not via copying of the old form, but from scratch), and then not changing it at all after you've begun receiving messages?

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
campmichigammealumni

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your response. I did recreate it from scratch. I was careful not to change anything because I figured that was a problem from the first one (I juggled the order of the questions on that one after I tested it out. But the second one I didn't change.

However, as I was testing it for the first time, I realized that I had put the wrong kind of date for the date of birth collection. I had entered the template for choosing a current date rather than date of birth. So I went back and changed it, then refreshed my screen and started filling out the form all over. I had not submitted it though, so no responses had been collected. Could previewing and starting to fill the form out, then changing it before submitting it cause something like this?

Thanks for the help.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

campmichigammealumni wrote:
Thank you for your response. I did recreate it from scratch. I was careful not to change anything because I figured that was a problem from the first one (I juggled the order of the questions on that one after I tested it out. But the second one I didn't change.

However, as I was testing it for the first time, I realized that I had put the wrong kind of date for the date of birth collection. I had entered the template for choosing a current date rather than date of birth. So I went back and changed it, then refreshed my screen and started filling out the form all over. I had not submitted it though, so no responses had been collected. Could previewing and starting to fill the form out, then changing it before submitting it cause something like this?

Thanks for the help.

If no messages had been submitted, it shouldn't cause a problem. Can you give specific questions that are being mixed up? Is there a pattern to it? Unfortunately, if this is being caused by a bug, I likely won't be able to create a fix for several weeks. If you email me at info@mycontactform.com I can provide a refund if you're not happy.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: