Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

form_submission.pdf corrupt or decoded wrong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cactusem

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: form_submission.pdf corrupt or decoded wrong Reply with quote

I made my form so I would get it in PDF. The form works fine and the PDF was attached. I cannot open the PDF. When I try to open it in Preview (I am on a Mac) here is the message I get:
"It may be damaged or use a file format that Preview doesn’t recognize."
When I try to open it in either Acrobat or Reader here is the message I get:
"Adobe Reader could not open 'form_submission.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."

I have tried opening the form (quick look) within the email as well as dragging it to my desktop from the email and also saving it to a folder on my computer. Anyway I do it, I cannot open the file and get the messages quoted above.

I could not find problem similar to this anywhere in the forms. Any ideas what the problem is or how to solve it.
Thanks for the help.
cactusem
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

This is an issue with Mac mail and the way they encode messages. Try downloading the message in Firefox and it should work.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
cactusem

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply Reply with quote

mycontac wrote:
This is an issue with Mac mail and the way they encode messages. Try downloading the message in Firefox and it should work.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com

Nick,
Thanks so much. It worked! I had read it was Mail problem and to rebuild the mailbox but that had not worked. I am all set now and can build my 'real' form which is quite detailed. Did not want to build the whole thing and have the PDF part not work. Thanks again.
cactusem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: