Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Registering. I need an auto responder customer ID# generated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chasells

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Registering. I need an auto responder customer ID# generated Reply with quote

Hello. I am a first time user and poster. Please be gentle ...

(I already got this question answered. See bottom of post)

My question is: After my customer fills out the form and registers, I would like them to get a number that they can use as their customer ID number. How do I do that?

Admin contacted me and told me to
"Add a hidden identifier question to your form. This will be generated at the time of the form submission and included in the auto response."
I still don't get it. But I don't know how to do it? I have never done this before and I need a step-by-step. Thanks.

C

Response: Login > Edit > Form Questions > New Questions > Choose Hidden Identifier as the question type.
chasells

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: How do I use the data and import it into my excel document? Reply with quote

I don't use excel. I am a designer diving into programming for the first time. Thanks.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Good Day,

I am not sure I can give you any further advice that what I offered above. By adding a hidden identifier question to your form, it will automatically generate a id for each form submitted based on how you configure it. This type of question can be added to any form via:

Login > Edit > Form Questions > Add Question

This id is included in the emails, the auto responses, and stored in the Message Center. From the Message Center you can view this information as well as export it in a variety of formats (Excel, comma separated, tab delimited, Word document, PDF, text, HTML, mySQL database).

Please be clearer in indicating the issue you are having.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
chasells

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Can I make the Customer ID# start with 5,460? Reply with quote

On the form setup, I can choose random or sequential, but there is no option to sequential and start with a certain number. Because I already have a database of customers and they already have sequential numbers up to 5,438; If I can resume my customers numbers, that would be great!

Anyway to do that?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Can I make the Customer ID# start with 5,460? Reply with quote

chasells wrote:
On the form setup, I can choose random or sequential, but there is no option to sequential and start with a certain number. Because I already have a database of customers and they already have sequential numbers up to 5,438; If I can resume my customers numbers, that would be great!

Anyway to do that?

Unfortunately, it would need to start at 1. I will consider adding this functionality for a future update.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: