Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nothing works well

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anibalm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Nothing works well Reply with quote

A year ago, I decided to use your services connected to my website. Being this so, the programmer shape your forms into the webpage and everything worked OK. But around December, we start having problems and since them things are getting worse and I am spending a lot of money because your forms appear not to work in so many ways that it is difficult to describe. Now the IT guy quit and has said that it is impossible to work with your forms and it is going to be 3 months from now that we cannot use the service in spite of being a premium member.

What follows is a list of the issues that are more evident:
1) no matter the information the client posts. It comes imcomplete to me and it is also registered in your data base incomplete.
2)I change many times the questions in the search for a solutions but if one change fix a problem, other start working bad.
The html is at the following address:

• http://www.awindow.info/consumidores_recruit.html

My user name is anibalm. The name of the form is consumers_recruit but the same happens with the form Sanitarios_recruit.

If you visit the site, you will see that does not follows the aesthetic of the page, It is because we are testing the forms. In the meantime, I am loosing business and reputation.
I hope you can bring a solutions to this. Otherwise we will stop using your services.

Thanks a lot for your prompt assistance.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

The biggest issue that is likely causing the majority (if not all) of your problems is that you are using a character set on your page that is not very compatible with non-English languages. If you look at the code on your site you will see the following:

Code:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="CONTENT-TYPE" CONTENT="text/html; charset=windows-1252">

You need to change this so that your page uses the UTF-8 character set which is the most compatible with international languages. To do this, replace the above code with:

Code:
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

This should fix this issues you are experiencing.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
anibalm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Things have not change too much after replacement Reply with quote

Thanks Nick,
I have proceeded as you requested and I continue experiencing most of the problems.

I change the code at the form who is in the following address

(My user name is anibalm. The name of the form is consumers_recruit but the same happens with the form Sanitarios_recruit.)

More precisely;

Dirección 1: It is not registered
País de residencia: It works only with some countries
Prefijo telefónico del país: It is not registered
País de nacimiento: It works only for some countries
Numero de hijos en su hogar: Some of the alternatives filled are not registered
¿Tiene usted conexion a internet?: Does not register any of the options available
¿Qué tipo de actividades realiza online?: Only register some of the alternatives available
¿Cuál/es de los siguientes dispositivo/s utiliza usted regularmente, si utilizase alguno? : Only register some of the alternatives available
¿Con que frecuencia realiza usted actividad física o deportiva? Sometimes, it is not registered
Usted o alguno de los miembros de su hogar utiliza: Only register some of the alternatives available
¿Padece o ha padecido usted de alguna de las siguientes enfermedades? Por favor, indique todas las que correspondan: Only register some of the alternatives available

It is clear to me that the problem has a different root as we have no problem at all before the revamping of your web; at the time, all my forms work perfectly.

I would appreciate your prompt reply and proper guidance to solve this issue asap.

Thanks in advance for your advice and assitance.
Anibal
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Things have not change too much after replacement Reply with quote

anibalm wrote:
Thanks Nick,
I have proceeded as you requested and I continue experiencing most of the problems.

I change the code at the form who is in the following address

(My user name is anibalm. The name of the form is consumers_recruit but the same happens with the form Sanitarios_recruit.)

More precisely;

Dirección 1: It is not registered
País de residencia: It works only with some countries
Prefijo telefónico del país: It is not registered
País de nacimiento: It works only for some countries
Numero de hijos en su hogar: Some of the alternatives filled are not registered
¿Tiene usted conexion a internet?: Does not register any of the options available
¿Qué tipo de actividades realiza online?: Only register some of the alternatives available
¿Cuál/es de los siguientes dispositivo/s utiliza usted regularmente, si utilizase alguno? : Only register some of the alternatives available
¿Con que frecuencia realiza usted actividad física o deportiva? Sometimes, it is not registered
Usted o alguno de los miembros de su hogar utiliza: Only register some of the alternatives available
¿Padece o ha padecido usted de alguna de las siguientes enfermedades? Por favor, indique todas las que correspondan: Only register some of the alternatives available

It is clear to me that the problem has a different root as we have no problem at all before the revamping of your web; at the time, all my forms work perfectly.

I would appreciate your prompt reply and proper guidance to solve this issue asap.

Thanks in advance for your advice and assitance.
Anibal

All of these issues being caused now is because the code on your live site is completely different than the code we have provided. Look at the HTML source on your site and the HTML we have provided. The software you are using to build your site is completely changing the code and is causing the errors. You need to insert and publish the code exactly as we provided.

For example, look at the code on your live site and you will see the following for the form tag:

Code:
<form action="http://www.mycontactform.com/sendform/sendform.php" method=post
enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" name=contactForm>

What we provided for your form is:

Code:
<form name="contactForm" id="contactForm" method="post"  action="http://www.mycontactform.com/sendform/sendform.php">

The enctype is one of the many issues with the code on your site.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: