Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updated form returning previous form question?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdf246

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Updated form returning previous form question? Reply with quote

I created a form and lets say it had 3 questions on it. I then went back, edited the form and removed one of the questions. I have saved the form and uploaded the new HTML to my website, refreshed the page and everything looks fine. However, I am being told that we are still receiving form submittals through the email showing the original 3 questions on it! (I have the forms being submitted to my colleague, not to me).

Is it possible that someone could have a previously cached version of the form, can still see all 3 questions, and is therefore filling out all 3 questions and successfully submitting the form????

Or, since the form has been edited, saved and the new HTML uploaded, is that impossible?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see anyway this would be possible. The only thing I could think of is that the messages with the old questions were actually sent before the code was updated, and the incoming mail server is delaying the message so it is mistaken for a new form submission.

Try manually loading the page and submitting the form. Then check what the message that comes through says.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mdf246

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you are correct about the forms in question being submitted prior to my update, and simply being delayed by a mail server(s). I'm waiting for my coworker to forward me the submissions in question so I can check the email headers to confirm this. I just wanted to get your opinion in the meantime, as I told them the same exact thing you just told me!

Manually refreshing the page and submitting the form worked when I tried it initially so I'm sure that will work now too... I believe all is sorted now, thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: