Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPAM FILTER NOT WORKING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwalden492

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: SPAM FILTER NOT WORKING Reply with quote

HI ... I have put several e-mail addresses in my anti-spam EMAIL configuration and the e-mails are still getting through... so it looks like the ability to filter / block e-mails in my account is broken ... thanks for checking on this
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

All emails are generated by our server. This might make it tough for you to use your third party anti-spam software. Instead, you can block the email under the 'Form Security / Anti-SPAM' portion of the control panel.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
rwalden492

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Nick ... let me explain further Reply with quote

I may not have made myself clear... I have put e-mails in the spam filter YOU PROVIDE in my my.forms control panel... and they are GETTING THROUGH..... the problem doesn't originate with my email client. Your spam filtering technologies is letting e-mail addresses post forms that they ought to be blocking because I added them to the configuration you provide in the control panel....

thanks
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Nick ... let me explain further Reply with quote

rwalden492 wrote:
I may not have made myself clear... I have put e-mails in the spam filter YOU PROVIDE in my my.forms control panel... and they are GETTING THROUGH..... the problem doesn't originate with my email client. Your spam filtering technologies is letting e-mail addresses post forms that they ought to be blocking because I added them to the configuration you provide in the control panel....

thanks

Please double check your configuration. This feature has been thoroughly tested and it functions well. I just tested it again, and it is working properly. Make sure you do not have a typo in the emails you are adding. Also make sure that it is in fact enabled under the Form Security / Anti-SPAM portion of the control panel.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
rwalden492

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Hmmm.... Reply with quote

Yea I don't doubt the quality of your service ... but even today I had a form go through to me that simultaneously notified the person they were blocked. I checked and they were blocked but the form when through... I've had several other form submissions go through that were in fact blocked with no mis-spellings or errors (I checked).... something is amiss.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: