Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Incomplete form being transmitted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Incomplete form being transmitted Reply with quote

Hello - have carefully completed the form and copied the HTML to my page (Dreamweaver CS3) and it works okay on the site but the message I receive only shows the email address of sender and no other information.

I've checked the other questions and nothing quite seems to match this. It isn't a case of being blocked. I've even changed the email address that I am to be notified to - but that isn't working ...

The url of the form is www.tiore.co.uk/booking.html

Any suggestions?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

The page you have listed is not pointing to the myContactForm.com server for processing. It is pointing to a script hosted on your server. This is likely why it is not working.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
bea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting - I just copied the html coding from mycontactform. Any idea how I put that right please?

Bea
bea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Processing server Reply with quote

I decided to create a new page - using the html coding completely unaltered - just in case there was anything buried on the old one but same problem. Really need to understand what I can do to sort out the script problem - if anyone can?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

If you look at the HTML code for your website, you will see the following at line 188:

Code:
<form id="BOOKING" name="BOOKING" method="post" action="booking.php">

This is an open form tag that you have placed the myContactForm.com code within. Because of this, the form data is being sent to 'booking.php' on your web server, instead of the myContactForm.com processing script. You need to remove the above line of code from your site in order to get the form to function correctly.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
bea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you - not sure how that got there but taking it out has solved my problem.
Bea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: