Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing record?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Message Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bails

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Missing record? Reply with quote

We received the email confirmation for this student, but her record is not in the message center.
Alexandra Greenspan 6/21/09

user name:bails
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I am having a hard time explaining this. The most likely scenario is that it was inadvertently deleted from your Message Center.

It is very unlikely that the database record for this item was never created as this process is completed before the actual email is sent out. There is a slight possibility that maybe the record was corrupted (although I've never seen this).

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

mcfdude7 wrote:
I also received an email yesterday from a form submission that isn't in the Message Center.

This is the date and time of the message from the email:

Sent: 07/05/2009 at 09:04 PM from 122.161.43.53

This happened to me once before, a couple of months ago perhaps, when I was just testing one of my forms myself. On that occasion, after clicking submit, the page seemed to time out trying to connect to mycontactform.com. Eventually it gave an error message, although I can't remember now exactly what it said. I clicked to submit the form again, and it worked fine.

When I checked for emails, I actually received both submissions, even the one that apparently hadn't submitted properly, but only the second one appeared in the Message Center.

Of course, that may not be what happened to the person who sent me a message from the form yesterday.

Thank you for your message. If the script that actual sends the forms times out during the submission it is possible that the email will be sent without the actual message being placed in the Message Center database. Basically the script works in a linear manner sending the email and then adding it to the database. If the script times out between the two, the email would be sent without a database record being created. In these situations the user should be presented with an error message and typically will resubmit. This sounds like the case in your situation. I will add this to the list of revisions for the next update (these are fairly infrequent as our development cycles tend to occur yearly) and see if I can change things up to prevent this from occurring.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
markvanrooijen

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: missing record Reply with quote

Unfortunately I got the same problem.
I received a confirmation email from one person, but his record is not appearing in the message center.

Sent: 04/14/2010 at 03:10 AM from 83.83.158.217
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: missing record Reply with quote

markvanrooijen wrote:
Unfortunately I got the same problem.
I received a confirmation email from one person, but his record is not appearing in the message center.

Sent: 04/14/2010 at 03:10 AM from 83.83.158.217

Please see the responses above. This is a very rare occurrence, but is possible if:

1. The sender's internet connection is extremely slow.
2. The form is submitted during the small window in the early AM hours in which we are preforming our nightly database backups.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
barrysherry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Not all data going into Message Center Reply with quote

Some applicants have said they sent their info -- and it is in my inbox, but did not go into the message center. They were received all between 7:05 a.m. and 7:34 a.m. in different dates.

Dates/Times were
Aug 31 - 7:05 a.m.
Sep 11 - 7:16 a.m.
Sep 11 - 7:17 a.m.
Sep 17 - 7:29 a.m.
Sep 17 - 7:34 a.m.

Not accidentally deleted.

Help?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

We are currently working on a major update (release pending, but hoping to go live before the end of November). This is a big time update that improves nearly every aspect of the software. One of the items that will be changed is the database structure. This should prevent the issues discussed in this thread.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Message Center All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: