Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Remove Checkbox** in multiple answers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marlenem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: How to Remove Checkbox** in multiple answers Reply with quote

My form is at the following site:

www.marlenem.com/facilitator.html

On the items with multiple answers, if at least one is not checked, the reply is listed as something like "checkbox33826---"

I noticed that on a single option checkbox you have an option to send it back as blank on the return form. Could we have that same option on a multiple-answer question? If not, how can I change the code myself?

Here is a cut and paste from one of my returned forms:

If Class, select the time for the class: checkbox332965
Other Day and Time for class:
If Seminar, Date and Time(s):
Different location:
Classroom Needs: checkbox332965
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

There is an error in the database record for the form. To correct it, delete the question causing the error and then recreate it (within our admin panel). This typically solves this issue.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
marlenem

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I now know what happened. Since this was the first form I developed and I was making changes as I went along, I copied the form so that I had the original as a backup. I haven't spent a lot of time on it, but it seems that when you make a copy of a form and give it a new name, it gives it a new ID but keeps all of the original identifiers which no longer match the ID.

Is there a way to update the copied form to do this automatically? It was very tedious to retype and reorder so many items.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

marlenem wrote:
Thanks. I now know what happened. Since this was the first form I developed and I was making changes as I went along, I copied the form so that I had the original as a backup. I haven't spent a lot of time on it, but it seems that when you make a copy of a form and give it a new name, it gives it a new ID but keeps all of the original identifiers which no longer match the ID.

Is there a way to update the copied form to do this automatically? It was very tedious to retype and reorder so many items.

Thank you for sticking with it. I will address the bug in a future update.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: