Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Submission Error...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indychris

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Submission Error... Reply with quote

Got my form set up. Everything is correct according to form mgmt. Form location is set to: http://www.<domain-name>.com/location/file-name.html.

Keep getting this message:

Quote:
This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as <domain-name>.com/location//questions_files/widget0_markup.html. To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location.

Now the error location was the ORIGINAL location I submitted, but I 'supposedly' successfully resubmitted the new location multiple times.

As I noted, according to Form Management, the form location is in the right spot, but the error message is saying it is not.

FWIW, I've got a couple of additional forms that have been in use for several years, and they work perfectly, so this is not a newbie issue. Brainfart, perhaps! Embarassed
indychris

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind. Brain fart it was! Laughing Embarassed
pbrtina

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: error when submitting form Reply with quote

Ok anyone who fills out my form gets the error message below.
This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as ladywolf-creations.com/adoptapp.htm. To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location.
this form has been working since I put it up quite some time ago, all of sudden its not working, ive done everything that faqs section says to do, it will work for like 10 minutes then right back to error message.
I depend on this form for people to adopt homeless dogs, no forms getting to me no one gets a dog. This is not good. Please help
Tina
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: error when submitting form Reply with quote

pbrtina wrote:
Ok anyone who fills out my form gets the error message below.
This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as ladywolf-creations.com/adoptapp.htm. To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location.
this form has been working since I put it up quite some time ago, all of sudden its not working, ive done everything that faqs section says to do, it will work for like 10 minutes then right back to error message.
I depend on this form for people to adopt homeless dogs, no forms getting to me no one gets a dog. This is not good. Please help
Tina

Please do exactly as the error message is telling you. Copy the URL the error message is giving you directly from the web browser, and paste it into the 'Form Location' setting for your form. This will solve the problem.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
pbrtina

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done that...multiple times. I will do a test run on filling out form or have a friend do it. It will go through then when it is tried again the same error message. this is happening over and over.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I have logged in to your account and you indeed have an error in the configuration. Under Edit > Basic Form Information > Form Location you have the following as the configuration:

Quote:
http://www.ladywolf-creations.com./adoptapp.htm
http://www.ladywolf-creations.com./adoptapp.html
ladywolf-creations.com./adoptapp.html
ladywolf-creations.com./adoptapp.htm

Note that all of the URLs you have in the config have an extra period '.' after the .com. I have gone ahead and removed this period for you, and it now works.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: