Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trojan/Virus Reports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricka47

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Trojan/Virus Reports Reply with quote

For the past few weeks, a number of my users have reported getting a trojan or virus warning at my site: wgurick.com

Any idea why this might be the case? Quite a few have reported this to me.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

You most likely have something infected or running in the background of your server. It could quite possibly be caused by the large chunk of code you have on your website, after the myContactForm.com code and before the end of the body tag. Nothing from myContactForm.com would be causing this.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
doremi63

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Trojan reports upon submission of forms Reply with quote

Several [not all] of my customers will not use my forms because, upon pressing "SUBMIT" they receive a Trojan Warning. This creates great inconvenience for them.

I realize that someone posted a similar question back in 2009, but the answer cited "large body of code" in addition to my ContactForm.com code. My forms are not embedded. They each have unique pages with no other HTML code other than myContactForm.com code.

Thank you, in advance for any help that you might be able to offer.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Trojan reports upon submission of forms Reply with quote

doremi63 wrote:
Several [not all] of my customers will not use my forms because, upon pressing "SUBMIT" they receive a Trojan Warning. This creates great inconvenience for them.

I realize that someone posted a similar question back in 2009, but the answer cited "large body of code" in addition to my ContactForm.com code. My forms are not embedded. They each have unique pages with no other HTML code other than myContactForm.com code.

Thank you, in advance for any help that you might be able to offer.

I need several things in order to diagnose this issue.

1. Get me a screen capture of the message. I need to know where the error message is coming from so that I may contact that party to remove it.

2. The URL of your form.

nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
doremi63

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick. thank you for your speedy reply.

I am working on trying to get one of the customers who had the error message pop up get a screen shot for me. That may take a while. In the meantime, how do I get the screenshot to you? (sorry to be dumb, this is my first time Wink )

Our site is http://www.phoenixfeather.com
One of the forms that causes occasional problems is http://www.phoenixfeather.com/emailpfa.html

I misspoke earlier... I DO have ONE embedded form. But it has only been there for a couple of weeks. This problem has been going on since I started using forms. http://phoenixfeather.com/calendarbigroom.html

Thank you again![/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: