Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Form not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
balisteve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Form not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be Reply with quote

Hello
I have used dreamweaver to build a simple site for our organisation. We only need a couple of forms, but the problem seems to be that our folders start with capital letters (eg English/contact us1.html) it appears that your program resets this to small letters. Therefore not recognising the url from our site where the form is located.

Unfortunatly we cannot re-name our folders as it causes a sharing violation (whatever that means)

Any suggestions
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Good Day,

All of our URLs are stored in lowercase. Our internal systems do this for uniformity, and it will not effect the form. There is something else causing this issue, most likely a typographical error in the 'Form Location' setting.

Please open your live form in a web browser and directly copy the URL from the address bar. Paste this URL directly into the 'Form Location' setting for your form (Login > Edit > Basic Form Information). This should solve the problem. If it does not, please post a link to the live form, and I will investigate further.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
dtmarx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: form submittal issue Reply with quote

I have used this service for several years now with no problem up until recently. One of the uses is for the submission of homework in my course. i have 70 students and only a few of them are getting this error message with each assignment. Why would this be and how can it be fixed?

This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as
phy.ilstu.edu/%7emarx/phy207/homework/hw6.html.
To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: form submittal issue Reply with quote

dtmarx wrote:
I have used this service for several years now with no problem up until recently. One of the uses is for the submission of homework in my course. i have 70 students and only a few of them are getting this error message with each assignment. Why would this be and how can it be fixed?

This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as
phy.ilstu.edu/%7emarx/phy207/homework/hw6.html.
To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location.

Please do as the error message says. The most likely issue is that you have not included all possible iterations of the URL that this form can be accessed from. Make sure to include versions of the URL with both a .www subdomain before the .phy subdomain. Also make sure to include a http:// in the form location URLs. Right now, it is configured for only:

http://www.phy.ilstu.edu/~marx/phy108/hw6.html

Make sure to also include:

http://www.phy.ilstu.edu/%7emarx/phy108/hw6.html
http://phy.ilstu.edu/~marx/phy108/hw6.html
http://phy.ilstu.edu/%7emarx/phy108/hw6.html

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
jbh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Same problem here! Reply with quote

We also made a form and we get the message:

This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as filmtaal.nl/site//formulier_files/widget0_markup.html. To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location.

We have copied the exacte URL from the bar in the field Form Location.
The probleem seems to be that our URL contains a kapital S and we se an small s in Form Location when we have saved it.

How can this be solved?
skillet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: form is in the wrong location.. Reply with quote

I know you have addressed this particular question, however for some reason I did everything you listed and it still won't fix the issue...

any suggestions?

This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as skilletstreetfood.com/order.html. To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location
[/i]
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: form is in the wrong location.. Reply with quote

skillet wrote:
I know you have addressed this particular question, however for some reason I did everything you listed and it still won't fix the issue...

any suggestions?

This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as skilletstreetfood.com/order.html. To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location
[/i]

You most likely have a typographical error. Copy the URL directly out of the error message and paste it into the Form Location portion of the config. Also make sure that you have included all possible versions of the URL within the config.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
rsmcva

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Same thing Reply with quote

OK, I have read every post, I am not on a free server, I have posted in my form settings every possible site abd url it could come from and I get the same exact message.

I cut and pasted exactly the url.

All these people are having the same issue, you can not tell me it is something we are doing wrong.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Same thing Reply with quote

rsmcva wrote:
OK, I have read every post, I am not on a free server, I have posted in my form settings every possible site abd url it could come from and I get the same exact message.

I cut and pasted exactly the url.

All these people are having the same issue, you can not tell me it is something we are doing wrong.

I tested your form at:

http://virginia.remnantsonsmc.com/contactusform.html

I did not receive the error message. The form appears to be properly configured for the URL above. If you are accessing this same form from a different URL such as that below, it will not work because you have not included the URL in the configuration.

http://www.remnantsonsmc.com/virginia/contactusform.html

While these URLs are accessing the same physical HTML file, they are not the same URL. Both would need to be included in your configuration under 'Form Location'

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
bulltaco

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to moved an entire site and now I get this error....where would I edit the config file at and is there a file in the HDWform2mail folder where I can correct this?

Thanks

Chuck
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulltaco wrote:
I had to moved an entire site and now I get this error....where would I edit the config file at and is there a file in the HDWform2mail folder where I can correct this?

Thanks

Chuck

The HDWform2mail folder doesn't have anything to do with myContactForm.com. To edit the configuration for Form Location:

1. Login to mycontactform.com
2. Click 'Edit'
3. Click 'Basic Form Information'
4. Enter the URL under 'Form Location'

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
captainpixels

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: This form is not being sent from [the correct] url Reply with quote

I get the following error message when sending a form: This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as rootsfamilychurch.com/newslettersignup.html. To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location. I have tried everything suggested on this post, but whenever I try to send the form I get this message. The form is located at www.rootsfamilychurch.com/newslettersignup.html. I have tripple checked the settings for the form location on the form management section and I don't see what might be causing this problem. Can you shed some light on this issue?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: This form is not being sent from [the correct] url Reply with quote

captainpixels wrote:
I get the following error message when sending a form: This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as rootsfamilychurch.com/newslettersignup.html. To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location. I have tried everything suggested on this post, but whenever I try to send the form I get this message. The form is located at www.rootsfamilychurch.com/newslettersignup.html. I have tripple checked the settings for the form location on the form management section and I don't see what might be causing this problem. Can you shed some light on this issue?

Looking at the source code for the form, it appears that what is appearing on your website belongs to a form that no longer exists. The 'Form ID' listed for the form on your website is '291736'. There is no such form under the account 'rootsfamilychurch' (it most likely belongs to a form that has been deleted). This is what is causing the error. You need to login to the 'rootsfamilychurch', get the proper HTML, and then paste it to the site.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
captainpixels

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: File not in correct location when sending form Reply with quote

Hi Nick, thank you so much (really) for replying to my post so soon. I am doing this for a friend that needed this ASAP and I have been pulling my hair trying to figure out why this form didn't work, while others on the same site did. As you had guessed, I had deleted a previous form from which I had obtained the HTML that I used for my current form. The solution was to simply copy the form ID from the correct form on your website to my page. The form is now working correctly. Thanks again for your prompt reply. You just made my friend (and me) very happy. Cheers and thanks for your wonderful service!!!
annieart1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: not being set from the url where its supposed to be located Reply with quote

hi. i have built an iweb site. i keep receiving this error message when submitting my form:
This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as anniemjewelry.com/site//contact_files/widget1_markup.html. To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location.
My iweb site is published, and i have tried many different things to fix the problem. thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: