Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change username

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> My User Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjoseph

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Change username Reply with quote

I created a myContactForm.com account for a client and he would like to now manage it. Can the username be changed to something he wants? It is currently mike72278 which is one that I use almost everywhere.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

First off, you may not use myContactForm.com to build forms for your clients without our prior permission (this is clearly stated in the Terms of Service). If you would like to use our service on your client's sites, there is an additional fee. If you are interested, please let me know. If not, I will be suspending this account, as well as any others that I can find associated with you.

Second, we do not allow users to change usernames specifically to deter web development companies from using our service on their client's sites without our prior permission.

Thank you,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Account has been suspended Reply with quote

I noticed that you also took the link to myContactForm.com off of your forms. I've suspended the account for this.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mjoseph

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, you guys are tough! Ok, so you caught me on the link thing. I had it styled as white text on a white background. I admit I did it to see if I could get away with it. I fixed it.

About building forms for clients. First of all, does anyone actually READ their Terms of Service? I never do. I don't have time to sit and read through the Terms of Service for everything I sign up for. I just try to act appropriately and honestly. If I was trying to intentionally do something against the Terms of Service, I certainly wouldn't have posted my question. Suspending my account if I refuse to pay the additional fee is reasonable, but suspending any others you can find associated with me? Sheesh! It's not like I'm using your service to sell babies on the black market! I only have one other account which I use for a website that I personally own and operate so it is not in violation of your Terms.

Now, seeing as how my reason for wanting to change the username is to turn over the management of the form to the owners of the site, which would put me back in agreement with your Terms, do you think we can make an exception here? If not, what is the fee?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
First of all, does anyone actually READ their Terms of Service? I never do. I don't have time to sit and read through the Terms of Service for everything I sign up for

The terms were written to create the best possible experience for our users, please read them. They are very important, and you are bound to adhere to them if you want to use the service.

Quote:
Suspending my account if I refuse to pay the additional fee is reasonable, but suspending any others you can find associated with me? Sheesh! It's not like I'm using your service to sell babies on the black market!

Also, in the Terms you will see that you are only allowed one account. I will not suspend your other account since you are only using it on sites that you specifically own and operate. If however, we find any other accounts, they will be suspended.

Quote:
Now, seeing as how my reason for wanting to change the username is to turn over the management of the form to the owners of the site, which would put me back in agreement with your Terms, do you think we can make an exception here? If not, what is the fee?

I still cannot change the username. We really don't do this is any case, and it is not plausible for us to do (it would require a bunch of work on our part). However, if you are genuinely turning this account over to another party we will not suspend it, so long as you upgrade the account to Premium. This is a requirement that we have for all accounts that web developers create for third parties. Once it is upgraded to Premium you will be able to edit all of the account settings (name, e-mails) except the username so that it no longer contains your information. Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mjoseph

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess what I'll do then is create a new Premium account for them with a new username and just close the other one. I was trying to avoid having to re-create the form.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you for your cooperation. I'll be on the lookout for a new premium membership to process.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
mjoseph

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

We created a new account under the name "netcomm1" and upgraded it to premium. You can now cancel the "mike72278" account.

Thanks!

-Mike
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Mike,

Please send an e-mail to info@mycontactform.com from the e-mail address associated with your account. Make sure to include the username/password, and I will remove it this afternoon.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> My User Information All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: