Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

replies to wrong email address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linscottcougar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: replies to wrong email address Reply with quote

I'm a web designer and I placed a form on my client's website. The form data sends to her (my client) and her auto-reply sends to her customer. All well and good. But, when the customer replied to the auto-reply, it got sent to me. Seems like it should send to the same address as the form data.

I'm the owner of the premium account at mycontacttform, and I see that the contact information listed here-- the contact information you have for your client (me) is mine. Is that how my client's customer's reply to my client's auto-reply came to me? Can I change who receives replies to auto-replies? Will that change on every form, then, if I have other clients? Can I designate different email addresses for different clients? Or should an auto-reply form say, "Do not reply to this form, reply to (my client's email address)?" (Who replies to an auto-reply anyway?!?) How do I add that?

Also, the subject line in the auto-reply is messed up. How can I fix THAT?

TIA,
Megan
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Good Day,

The address that the auto-replies are sent from (and thus the address they are responded to) is configurable under Edit > Autoresponder. This is configurable for each and every form under the account.

Additionally, you need to immediately remove all of your client's forms from your personal account. This is a violation of the terms of service and can result in account suspension. Additionally, it is a security and privacy issue for your clients. If you would like to continue to use myContactForm.com on your client's web sites, you need to create separate distinct accounts for all of them. Do not share accounts between clients or use your personal account for your client's forms.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: