Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom buttons, Error Pages and Backgrounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scorchgid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Custom buttons, Error Pages and Backgrounds Reply with quote

Hey okay I have a few small problems with my feedback form which I hope if you awesome guys can help me solve I am using CS4 Dreamweaver.
First is the white background, I would like to make my form invisible to those that see it, as i have my own background for the site, I’ve tried changing the colour to white, or by deleting it, but it doesn’t seem to be working.
The second is a button. I want to change it from the text box the used to a rollover image, which I have stored, does anyone know the code for this, as this submit button’s code is confusing me
Code:
<tr><td colspan="2"><input name="submit" type="submit" style="background-color: #CCCCCC; font-family: Verdana; font-size: 16px; color: #0077FF; border-bottom:2px solid #00FF00; border-right:2px solid #00FF00; border-top:2px solid #00FF00; border-left:2px solid #00FF00" value="Submit" />

The third is wanted to add an actual page where it shows when the user has made an error. Instead of their automated error, I have a page set up and I wish to link it, I also have a back button on that page, at the moment it links back to my feedback page.
Bellow is the code that I have used, if you could make or tell my any changes I need to make I would really appreciate it

Many Thanks

Scorchgid

Code:
<!-- Begin myContactForm.com Form HTML -->
<form name="contactForm" method="post" action="http://www.mycontactform.com/sendform/sendform.php">
<input name="user" type="hidden" id="user" value="scorchgid" /><input name="formid" type="hidden" id="formid" value="275959" /><input name="subject" type="hidden" id="subject" value="My Fellow Eu Feedback" />
<table width="500" style="border: 0px solid #000000; margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color: #FFFFFF;"><tr><td>
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
<tr bgcolor="#EFEFEF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana">Name:<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><input name="q[1]" type="text" value="" size="30" maxlength="40" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 15px; font-weight: normal; color: #FFFFFF; background-color: #000000; border: 1px solid #000000; vertical-align: middle; padding-left: 4px;" /></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"> E-mail Address:<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></font></td><td><input name="email" type="text" id="email" size="20" maxlength="100" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 15px; font-weight: normal; color: #FFFFFF; background-color: #000000; border: 1px solid #000000; vertical-align: middle; padding-left: 4px;" /></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#EFEFEF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana">School:</font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><input name="q[2]" type="text" value="" size="30" maxlength="30" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 15px; font-weight: normal; color: #FFFFFF; background-color: #000000; border: 1px solid #000000; vertical-align: middle; padding-left: 4px;" /></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana">School Year:<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><select name="q[3]" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 15px; font-weight: normal; color: #FFFFFF; background-color: #000000; border: 1px solid #000000; vertical-align: middle; padding-left: 4px;"><option value="Year 1">Year 1</option><option value="Year 2">Year 2</option><option value="Year 3">Year 3</option><option value="Year 4">Year 4</option><option value="Year 5">Year 5</option><option value="Year 6">Year 6</option><option value="Year 7">Year 7</option><option value="Year 8">Year 8</option><option value="Year 9">Year 9</option><option value="Year 10">Year 10</option><option value="Year 11">Year 11</option><option value="Year 12">Year 12</option><option value="Year 13">Year 13</option><option value="Not in School">Not in School</option></select></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#EFEFEF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana">How did you hear about or find My Fellow Europeans?<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><input type="radio" name="q[4]" value="From a teacher/school" />From a teacher/school<br /><input type="radio" name="q[4]" value="From family" />From family<br /><input type="radio" name="q[4]" value="From friends" />From friends<br /><input type="radio" name="q[4]" value="Found it through another website" />Found it through another website<br /><input type="radio" name="q[4]" value="Through a search engine (Google)" />Through a search engine (Google)<br /><input type="radio" name="q[4]" value="Other" />Other</font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana">What did you like about our website? (Please tick any that apply)</font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><input name="q[5]" type="hidden" value="checkbox275959" /><input name="checkbox5[]" type="checkbox" value="The foods" />The foods<br /><input name="checkbox5[]" type="checkbox" value="The information" />The information<br /><input name="checkbox5[]" type="checkbox" value="The activities" />The activities<br /><input name="checkbox5[]" type="checkbox" value="The competitions" />The competitions</font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#EFEFEF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana">Was it easy to use the site?<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><input type="radio" name="q[6]" value="I found it very easy to use the site" />I found it very easy to use the site<br /><input type="radio" name="q[6]" value="I found it easy to use the site" />I found it easy to use the site<br /><input type="radio" name="q[6]" value="I found that I was able to mange using the site" />I found that I was able to mange using the site<br /><input type="radio" name="q[6]" value="I found it quite tricky to use the site" />I found it quite tricky to use the site<br /><input type="radio" name="q[6]" value="I found it very hard to use the site" />I found it very hard to use the site</font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana">Do you think that anything could be done to make the site better?</font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><textarea name="q[7]" cols="30" rows="4" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 15px; font-weight: normal; color: #FFFFFF; background-color: #000000; border: 1px solid #000000; vertical-align: middle; padding-left: 4px;"></textarea></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#EFEFEF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana">In one sentence describe how you feel about the site:</font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana"><input name="q[8]" type="text" value="" size="30" maxlength="" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 15px; font-weight: normal; color: #FFFFFF; background-color: #000000; border: 1px solid #000000; vertical-align: middle; padding-left: 4px;" /></font></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"><hr size="1" /></td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><input name="submit" type="submit" style="background-color: #CCCCCC; font-family: Verdana; font-size: 16px; color: #0077FF; border-bottom:2px solid #00FF00; border-right:2px solid #00FF00; border-top:2px solid #00FF00; border-left:2px solid #00FF00" value="Submit" /> <input name="reset" type="reset" style="background-color: #CCCCCC; font-family: Verdana; font-size: 16px; color: #0077FF; border-bottom:2px solid #00FF00; border-right:2px solid #00FF00; border-top:2px solid #00FF00; border-left:2px solid #00FF00" value="Clear Fields" /> </td></tr>
<tr><td><font color="#FF0000" size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><b>*</b></font> <font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Required</font></td><td align="right"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong><a href="http://www.mycontactform.com">Create Contact Forms</a></strong></font></td></tr>
</table></td></tr></table></form>
<!-- End myContactForm.com Form HTML -->
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Good Day,

I have never set the form background to be invisible, so you'll need to do some experimentation in order to get it to work.

In addition, I have not done a rollover for the submit button, but I'm certain there are some online tutorials for doing this. It'll most likely involve setting the submit button to an image link and then using javascript and a second image to make the actual rollover. The code for the image submit button would be something like this:

Code:
<INPUT TYPE="image" VALUE="submitname" SRC="your_image.jpg" BORDER="0" ALT="Submit" NAME="Submit" WIDTH="XX" HEIGHT="XX">

The above code will give you the image submit button. From there, lookup so code for rollovers and combine the two.

As for the error message page, it must redirect to our error page. This is not something that can be changed.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
spider1649

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

For those of you that are still searching for a way to make the background invisible its actually pretty simple I was surprised my self when I found the answer.

You just fine the 1st background tag in the source code and type transparent so its something like this:

Code:
<table style="border: 0px solid #000000; margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color:transparent;" width="100%">

The code is only about 4 lines down from the top so its pretty easy to find!

Hope that helps happy coding!
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Hello Reply with quote

spider1649 wrote:
For those of you that are still searching for a way to make the background invisible its actually pretty simple I was surprised my self when I found the answer.

You just fine the 1st background tag in the source code and type transparent so its something like this:

Code:
<table style="border: 0px solid #000000; margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color:transparent;" width="100%">

The code is only about 4 lines down from the top so its pretty easy to find!

Hope that helps happy coding!

Thank you Spider. This is something I will implement into the next update.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: