Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Says Form Location is invalid, but it is not...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icampbell

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Says Form Location is invalid, but it is not... Reply with quote

I have checked and double checked and my form is set up correctly as far as I can see, but when I try to submit a form it says it is in the wrong location. I've tried changing the location page but still it does not work. I can't see any other postings about this subject on the forum so am reporting it as a bug.

I receive the following error message:

----

Error!

If you are the owner of this form you need to make sure to paste the html for the form that we provided you with exactly as it is onto your website.

This form is not being sent from the url where it is supposed to be located. If you are the owner of this form you need to ensure that the 'Form Location' is specified as http://www.cozumelfurniture.com/contactus2.htm. You had it specified as being . To change this, login to the site, click 'edit' next to the form's name, and then click the 'Basic Information' link to change the form's location.
You need to specify a subject for this e-mail. If there was no place to input a subject then the owner of the form does not have their form configured correctly.

[Back to Form]

----

NOTE - it says I have specified the locations as <blank> in the error message, but when I look in the form control panel it has the location correctly defined.

You can see the form here: http://www.cozumelfurniture.com/contactus2.htm

I think this must be a bug..?

Thanks

Ian
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Ian,

The problem is that the html that exists on the site is not the same html that we provided you with. This was clearly indicated in the error message when it said:

Quote:
If you are the owner of this form you need to make sure to paste the html for the form that we provided you with exactly as it is onto your website.

The hidden fields have been placed outside of the form tag. Anyways, if you just recopy and paste the html we provide you with to your site, it will work. I just tried it myself and had no problem.

Also, one other issue. It appears that you are a web developer and are using our service on your client's site (you are even charging them $10/form/month). If you had read the Terms of Service when you signed up for an account you would of seen:

Quote:
c. Authorized Users
Only the person who signed up for the user account may access and use the account. Accounts may not be shared or distributed to other parties. The forms created by a specific user may only be placed on web sites that they specifically own and operate. If you design web sites for other parties, you may not use the myContactForm.com service on their sites without prior approval in writing from the operators or myContactForm.com. If you are a web designer and are interested in using our service on your client’s web sites, please contact us.

I will be suspending your account without refund within the next 48 hours. If you read the Premium Terms of Service when you signed up to be a Premium Member you would of seen:

Quote:
b. Refunds
Under no circumstance will refunds be given to our Premium Members. All sales are absolutely final.

If you would like to use myContactForm.com on your client's sites, please let me know and I will tell you how this can be done.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
icampbell

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: I've emailed you Reply with quote

Ok, I did not realise that. I have sent you an email...

Ian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: