Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

20 Forms with no Name

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
equiweb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: 20 Forms with no Name Reply with quote

Hi Forum
I am glad to have found this service after waiting for 3 Days for an e-mail to come back from the contact us page!!

I think it would be nice if you had put an auto message on there telling us where to go! well nicely anyway.

Anyway my problem is " I have set up 20 Forms which are all sitting on seperate Holiday Pages we have on our website, but when they are submitted they do not show where they have come from or what the name is that I have given them!!

This is so bad for us as we then have to get back to the customer and ask where they sent the form from which makes us look bad before we even start talking to them!!

Have I done something wrong or am I missed something, I have looked and checked several times but I keep having the same trouble.

Other than this problem I must say your forms are good to work with.

Yours
Zante Internet Tourism
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equiweb,

The reason you can't tell which e-mail came from what form is because you setup a static subject "Holiday Entry Form" for every form. Our service is quite capable of creating a unique subject for every form. You need to go into the Form Management panel, change the subject for each form, and then re-copy the code to your pages. For information on how to do this, please read the following FAQ:

http://www.mycontactform.com/faq.php?fiddet=49&ptid=4&stid=1

As for the e-mail taking 3 days to get to you. In general, messages sent from forms take between 1 and 5 minutes to be sent. If it took longer than this, it is most likely an issue with your e-mail server.

Thank you,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
equiweb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Help Received Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the help, it is so simple when you know what to do!!

Just as to make a point, we got mixed up with my first request I was not saying it took 3 Days for the form to come through, what I said was I had sent an e-mail to your "contact us" e-mail and did not get a message back and that after 3 Days I found your forum!!!

But I am now glad I did as I can now change all the forms.

Thanks again

I think I had better sign up now for the advanced system as I am getting more forms coming through!!

Dave P
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Greetings,

The reason that you did not get a response to the e-mail you sent us via our contact form is stated pretty clearly above the actual form. If says:

Quote:
Do not use this form to submit support questions. Any messages we receive of this nature will not get a response. We offer an extensive FAQ section as well as a Help Forum to answer your questions.

I'm glad you found the Help Forum and were able to get your forms working properly.

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: