Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Purged records

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Message Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fsadamo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Purged records Reply with quote

Can purged records be retrieved? What happend I selected 3 purged records out of 34 and all 34 were purged. How can this happened? I needed the other 31 and now they are gone? If so, there has to be a flag to assured purging and an explanation that the entire list will be purged, not just the select ones.
fsadamo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Purging records Reply with quote

I happened to purge deleted records again. Indeed it does say to Purge Deleted Records; however, there is NO safety check, such as "Are you sure" and the fact that you still have the option to select is, in my opinion, a severe mislabeling.

I now have lost 31 contacts because of my miscalculations.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Once a record is purged, it is gone.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
fsadamo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Purged records Reply with quote

Then I would suggest very strongly, you removed the selection boxes to the left of the individual files or nullify the boxes so that you cannot check them. In addition add a message to flag the purge and indicating that ALL records, including the unchecked records will be purged, such as:

ALL Messages, including the unchecked messages will be permanently purged. Are you sure you want to purge all messages? Yes No.

BTW, I am sure you should be backing up your files everyday (or at least every week); therefore, the company could have restored the messages. .
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Purged records Reply with quote

fsadamo wrote:
Then I would suggest very strongly, you removed the selection boxes to the left of the individual files or nullify the boxes so that you cannot check them. In addition add a message to flag the purge and indicating that ALL records, including the unchecked records will be purged, such as:

ALL Messages, including the unchecked messages will be permanently purged. Are you sure you want to purge all messages? Yes No.

BTW, I am sure you should be backing up your files everyday (or at least every week); therefore, the company could have restored the messages. .

We do daily backups, but these are only accessed in case of a system wide problem. It would not be possible to restore your records without causing a system wide roll-back.

I will consider adding an additional layer of warning messages for our next update.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Message Center All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: