Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Form will not accept Capital Letters in URL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gnypcc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Form will not accept Capital Letters in URL Reply with quote

I cannot get my form to work because the URL it is coming from is http://www.gnypcc.org/eventCalendar.html, but this site does not seem to accept capital letters ("C" in Calendar) and therefore will not recognize it. I keep trying to change the "c" to a Cap, but it won't take. Short of updating every link on my site, how can I make this work? Thanks.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Our software stores all URLs in lower case within our databases, but this will not affect the functionality of your forms. So long as the specific letters are the same, they will work.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
lunagitana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: I have changed .com/Contact.html but it still wont work. Reply with quote

The C on Contact wont stay capitiized therefore will not enable me to save the changes to change the error message !!. I see this message has been posted but never explained other then it wont matter..

Web site www.thehealthgallery.com/Contact.html

Help !

What am I doing wrong ?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Please read the previous reply. The case of the letter does not matter so long as it is the same letter.

The problem on your site is that it appears that you have pasted your code into a frame or iframe. You need to make sure that the referring URL is whatever the name of the actual html file the code resides in.

In your case, it appears to be:

thehealthgallery.com//contact_files/widget1_markup.html

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
cleargumweb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply Reply with quote

mycontac wrote:
Please read the previous reply. The case of the letter does not matter so long as it is the same letter.

The problem on your site is that it appears that you have pasted your code into a frame or iframe. You need to make sure that the referring URL is whatever the name of the actual html file the code resides in.

In your case, it appears to be:

thehealthgallery.com//contact_files/widget1_markup.html

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com

Sorry, I do not entirely understand.

This is where the form is
http://www.mtevelyngardencentre.com.au/V03/HTML/contactus/contactus.html

and it follows with a message saying I need to copy the code exactly.

Regards,
Brad Smith Smile
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I get an Error 404 when I try to view your form.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
larsbranden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Upper case lower case issue and what I learned Reply with quote

I have read the threads about capital letters in the URL and that it is stored in your internal database in lower case and that it will not matter. ....

However, after testing that hypothesis by doing it myself I came to the conclusion that it does matter.

When pasted into the browser directly this works:
http://www.swedishartconnection.com/www.swedishartconnection.com/Feedback.html

...and this does NOT:
http://www.swedishartconnection.com/www.swedishartconnection.com/feedback.html

I would say that it does matter if you have upper or lower case in your database and I for one am blocked now. I want to use your form but cannot since you convert a capital F to a lower case f.

Please advice..

Best regaerds,

Lars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: