Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On submit 404 page not found error on Mac machines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lightguy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: On submit 404 page not found error on Mac machines Reply with quote

My Contact form will not work properly on Mac machines. when the submit button is clicked we get a 404 error. My Contact form works great on PC machines. No errors of any kind. used IE8, Chorme, Firefox and Safari browsers.

Can some one help me figure this one out? Perhaps the solution is simple.

Thanks,
Larry
lightguy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: On submit, 404 page not found using Mac computer only Reply with quote

I forgot to give the location of my form from an earlier post.
http://maryelizabethmarlow.com/contact2.htm

Larry
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

There is no problem with myContactForm.com working with Macs. Unfortunately, I am unable to replicate the error you are receiving. Are you receiving the Error 404 within a pop-up window, or the main page? Does the form still submit to your email?

Error 404's occur when a webpage is attempted to be loaded, and the actual page doesn't exist.

If you can replicate the error and either:

1. Take a screen shot (print screen button) and email a .jpg of it to info@mycontactform.com, I'll be able to better diagnose the issue.

2. When the error page loads, tell me the URL that is in the address bar of the web browser.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
lightguy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Thank you, the problem vanished. Reply with quote

Thanks for responding to my query. I do not own a mac and had two friends check out the problem. Both experienced the form not responding correctly.

But the problem has vanished for some reason. Now both Mac friends report all is well with the form.

Thanks again. Larry
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you, the problem vanished. Reply with quote

lightguy wrote:
Thanks for responding to my query. I do not own a mac and had two friends check out the problem. Both experienced the form not responding correctly.

But the problem has vanished for some reason. Now both Mac friends report all is well with the form.

Thanks again. Larry

Good day,

It sounds like the most likely situation was that the page your form is configured to go to upon submission was most likely down while they were testing it. Any error 404's are generally triggered by the server of the redirect page.

In any case, I am glad that it is now working for you.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: