Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got a Problem with Text

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TamiVroma

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Got a Problem with Text Reply with quote

Nick,
I am really loving mycontactform.com but I just encountered a huge problem that I am really hoping you will say isn't so huge on your end.

The form I have filled sends a text to my phone when someone wants to show one of my listings. It gives me all the pertinent info so I don't have to write anything down when I am driving. I have done it this way for years when I built my forms at Advanced Access. Now I am dumping my AA site so I was switching my forms over here.

My problem is that when the form comes to my email, when you add in all the header info:

Subject: .
Sent: 05/09/2009 at 02:02 PM from 71.10.138.187

the text becomes to long and cuts off the message that would be something like this:

Name: Test Vroma
Co.: Five Star
Phone: 616-777-0536
Prop: Remembrance
Date: 05/08/2009
Time: 2 - 3 pm

It sure would help if there was a box you could check if you wanted the header info (from, date, subject) or not. The other thing is on the Advance Access form, we used values. So on the form the person filled out it may say Property but the value the text sent only came across as a P. If you want to take a peak at my AA form go here: www.ShowRequest.com and when it was filled out I got this to my text on my phone:

N: Terry jewell
C: Greenridge
P: 239-740-5915
E: terrylabradors@verizon.net
T: 3 pm
D: sunday April 5
Prop: Rollenhagen
Comments:
RedirectID: 5295506

I have taken off comments but the text is still too long by the time that whole header is added in.

Is there any possibility in the world of at least taking off the subject line and even better adding the values--in other words-on the form they fill out but the property sent is only P:

I don't know what I am going to do if this doesn't work!

Just thought of something - if we have to keep the header - can we make it come at the end so that is the part that gets cut off?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

At this time, leaving off the header is not a possibility. As for the questions, if you simply rename the question in the panel a single letter 'value' and then manually type in the question once you paste it to your website, it will shorten up the email.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
TamiVroma

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer - it will not work for me at all then because the header is taking almost all of the space anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: