Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

moving where the e-mail field is

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon6

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: moving where the e-mail field is Reply with quote

i put an e-mail field in my form, but then it had 2 e-mail fields. so i deleted the one that i put in.
now i want the e-mail field either under the contact name or under the zip field. not right in the middle of the adress!
no way to do that that i can see! it doesn't show on the edit page.

as an aside, i put the form on my website and filled it in. i didn't get the e-mail yet and that was half an hour ago or so. here it tells me that my form was used once.
if someone wants to apply to be a wholesale customer, i want to know about it!
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
i put an e-mail field in my form, but then it had 2 e-mail fields. so i deleted the one that i put in.
now i want the e-mail field either under the contact name or under the zip field. not right in the middle of the adress!
no way to do that that i can see! it doesn't show on the edit page.

To change the location of the e-mail address:

1. Login to the site
2. Click 'edit'
3. Click 'Form Questions'
4. Click the 'edit' button next to 'E-mail Address'
5. Follow all on screen directions

Quote:
as an aside, i put the form on my website and filled it in. i didn't get the e-mail yet and that was half an hour ago or so. here it tells me that my form was used once.

It can take up to an hour for the messages to get to you. If it still hasn't gotten to you, it is because your e-mail provider is filtering/blocking the message. For more information, please read the following FAQ:

http://www.mycontactform.com/faq.php?fiddet=63&ptid=6&stid=8

Thanks,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
dragon6

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the trouble is, the e-mail address isn't visible there in the 'Form Questions'
if it was i'd have no problems moving it.
but moving something invisible ...... well, it's beyond me and you say not to mess with the code. not that i'm too good at that either.

i haven't put any blocks on that e-mail address so far, so I don't think it was blocked. i get all kinds ob obvious spam :(
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
the trouble is, the e-mail address isn't visible there in the 'Form Questions'
if it was i'd have no problems moving it.
but moving something invisible ...... well, it's beyond me and you say not to mess with the code. not that i'm too good at that either.

I have logged into your account, and see the edit e-mail address button clear as day near the bottom of the page (it is listed under 'Other Form Components').

Quote:
i haven't put any blocks on that e-mail address so far, so I don't think it was blocked. i get all kinds ob obvious spam Sad

I just sent a test message though your form and then checked our e-mail server logs and confirmed that it was sent. If you do not receive the message, it is because your e-mail service is failing to deliver it. Please read the following FAQ for more info:

http://www.mycontactform.com/faq.php?fiddet=63&ptid=6&stid=8

Thank you,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
dragon6

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the e-mails are coming through now. there must have been some mistake in the first form i put up with dreamweaver. it didn't look right when i did the display so i think i moved some things so that in dreamweaver display view it displayed properly. as soon as i put the next version up and didn't touch anything it was fine.
so now the only problem i have with the form is that the e-mail is in the wrong place and i can't move it!
i was intending to become a paid member if i could get the form right. i need the same form 2 times, one for my canadian site and the one that is up on my us site.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I have already told you how to move the e-mail address...I'll tell you again:

1. Login to the site
2. Click 'edit'
3. Click 'Form Questions'
4. Click the 'edit' button next to 'E-mail Address'
5. Follow all on screen directions

I have logged into your account and am able to do this. Make sure to look near the bottom of the screen where it says 'Other Form Components'.

Thank you,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: