Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with results data in email

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharedadventures

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Problem with results data in email Reply with quote

Hello, I am having a problem with my form response email mixing up some of the data.

(my username is sharedadventures, form is at http://www.sharedadventures.org/participate.htm, form name is Participant add)

It involves two fields. One is a simple text box field labeled "street address", the other is a multi-check box field at the end of the form (labeled "How did you find out about us?").

At first, when I received emails, the data entered in the address field would show up again (duplicated) in the "How did you" field. The actual answer in the "how did you" field did not show up at all.

In hopes of fixing this bug, I tried setting up the form on our site again (I double checked for errors on your site and re-copied and pasted the HTML code into my site). Now the problem still exists but in reverse-- the "how did you" answer appears twice, once in the correct spot and once in the Address spot. The address that was entered does not show up at all.

I am pasting the text of the email below.

Please let me know if you can help. Thank you.

Subject: new participant
Sent: 03/27/2008 at 11:59 AM from 74.220.66.152

Email 2:
Participant Name: Carol Kap
Parent/Guardian Name (if applicable):
Street Address:
Referred by friend

City: Griely
State: CO
Zip: 80634
Send me quarterly calendars of activities via:
Both Email and Mail
Phone 1: 970-353-0000
Phone 2:
Organization Affiliation (if any):
Special Interests:
Additional Comments:
How did you find out about us?:
Referred by friend
sharedadventures

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Follow-up info Reply with quote

As a follow up I would like to note that I have changed the form temporarily and removed the last question ("how did you find out about us") because I was afraid of the data loss issue (I really need the address field to work).

When I deleted the question, the address field works fine. I tried re-creating the "how did you" question and it caused the same bug to occur again, so I deleted it again. If you can't tell, this is driving me crazy, so I hope someone can help!

The same problem does still exist in my other form, Volunteer add, which is on http://www.sharedadventures.org/volunteer.htm. Same exact issue.

Thanks....
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Follow-up info Reply with quote

sharedadventures wrote:
As a follow up I would like to note that I have changed the form temporarily and removed the last question ("how did you find out about us") because I was afraid of the data loss issue (I really need the address field to work).

When I deleted the question, the address field works fine. I tried re-creating the "how did you" question and it caused the same bug to occur again, so I deleted it again. If you can't tell, this is driving me crazy, so I hope someone can help!

The same problem does still exist in my other form, Volunteer add, which is on http://www.sharedadventures.org/volunteer.htm. Same exact issue.

Thanks....

First, delete all the questions who's data is being duplicated or placed in the wrong places. Once this is done, re-add them. If this still doesn't solve the problem, you will need to rebuild the form from scratch.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: