Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Text field in response email gets cut off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lissheaven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Text field in response email gets cut off Reply with quote

I have a premium membership and the forms are working well. However when the text entered into the text area field of the forms exceeds a certain size it seems to truncate in the response email.

In the message center the full message is stored correctly so it's not a client side form issue. Is there any known reason that this would happen?

Thank you.
lissheaven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Text field in response email gets cut off Reply with quote

Hi there,

I want to keep things civil as I understand it is a 'holiday' week... however, we are using Lifestyle Salon (this client account) as a test bed to see how the service goes before we commit to moving the 200+ other salons and spas in our portfolio over to using this form application.

4 days for a response to a support request (even if it's just a 'I haven't got a clue' response) is frankly a little worrying. Is this service still actively operated?
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

This sounds like a problem with how your email client is displaying the message. If the data is being shown in it entirety within the Message Center, then it is also being sent along with the form submittal. Please check the setting on your email client, or potentially try looking at the information in the following FAQ:

http://www.mycontactform.com/faq.php?fiddet=161&ptid=6&stid=0

Also, please make sure that when you configured the form and setup the text box that the Max Number of characters isn't set. This would cause the user of your form to stop being able to type in new text. To reconfigure this:

1. Login to myContactForm.com
2. Click '[edit]'
3. Click 'Form Questions'
4. Click 'Edit' next to the question being cut off
5. Follow onscreen instructions.

And, just to let you know. This site is very much active, but unfortunately the forum has been a little bit unkept due to the significant number of hours I am investing in developing the next update (due to be released at the end of August).

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Errors When Submitting Forms All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: