Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple Emails on list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
partyperfect

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Multiple Emails on list Reply with quote

I am a Premium member.
I have tried several times to create a form with a Send-to list of more than 5 addresses - I always get an error.

I am trying to use 3 -- "Allow the user to select one address from a predefined list to send to. [?]" so only one message is sent but the list needs to have a selection of 20 addresses on it.
I could not find anywhere that says there is a a MAX of 5 for this option, only others.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

There is a maximum of 5 addresses that can be sent to per form submission. This is noted on the page that describes Premium Membership.

http://www.mycontactform.com/how.php

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
partyperfect

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The feature you refer to is for ... "Number of e-mail addresses a form submission can be simultaneously sent to ".

I am not trying to use that option. I am trying to use the next one that states.

"Ability of form sender to select who the message will be sent to...
Typically when you build a form, the e-mail message will be sent to an address that you identify while building the form. If you are a Premium Member you can place a dropdown, radio button, or series of check boxes on your form that the user can use to select who the form submission will to go. "

No where does it state that there is a limit of 5 on that list.
If that is the case, your solution will not work for me, I would need to cancel and get a refund. Thanks
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Edit - I'll look into the issue and make it allow for more than 5 addresses to appear on the dropdown. This will require a change in myContactForm.com's programming and may take a couple of days to change.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
partyperfect

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is quite obvious that your description lacks clairty - as I am not trying to send simultaneously to a number of addresses.

As I said I am only trying to send the message to ONE person, but yet you keep quoting "people it can simultaneously be sent to" - which DOES NOT apply to Option 3 of your Send To Address field -- "Allow the user to select one address from a predefined list to send to. [If you choose this option, the user's of your forms will select one e-mail address for the form submittal to be sent to using either a dropdown box or series of radio buttons. This option is only available for Premium Members.]

Nowhere does it say the "predifined list" for a single recepient can be a max of 5.

I have NOT been able to use your service AT ALL! The only way to see if the form would work with the advanced features is to pay for a Premium membership - and it is obvious that the features will not work for my needs. I have not built any final forms nor have I activated any forms for live data - only tried to build a test form.

I am not asking for a "pro-rated" refund - I require a "complete" refund.
If you are not willing to issue a refund - I will contact my credit card company and ask for a charge-back, which as a merchant you know will cost you more on the long run - your choice.
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

As you can see, I have edited my original response. I misunderstood your first posts and have changed my response to fit the actual problem. My original response was only up for about five minutes...I apologize for you even having to see it as well as any stress it may have caused.

You are correct. When sending to one recipient you should be able to add as many e-mail addresses to the radio button / dropdown used to select the recipient as you wish. I misunderstood the original problem thinking that you where talking about the send to multiple recipients option. I have gone into our system's programming and reprogrammed a bit of the wizard to accommodate this. This is now functional.

I apologize for the bug and the misunderstanding. I have upgraded your account for an additional year at no cost to you.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
partyperfect

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply and consideration.
I will try and edit the form tomorow to include all of our 20 email options.
If you have been successful in editing the code - I thank you in advance.
I will inform you if I encounter any problems.

Thanks - Mike
partyperfect

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi just built a form to test predefined list.
During the creation I did not get an error,
but the email list was blank in the preview.
I went back via the edit and selected 7 addresses
Got the error below - and still nothing in the list on preview.
"Error! There was a problem with the information your gave us on the previous page. You are only allowed to select up to 5 e-mail addresses. Click here and make sure to fill out all information or your form will not work!"

Please feel free to use my form for further testing.

Thanks
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I have fixed the problem with the edit function...I simply forgot to make the change in that part of the software. The reason that the dropdown is blank is most likely caused by leaving the 'label' for each e-mail address blank.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
partyperfect

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Nick
I was able to get a couple versions of the form working -- here are a couple of comments:

After I labeled the 20 emails on the Send-to list and went back to edit the list via the form edit - it does not bring in the labels that were already assigned to that form. So everytime we edit the Send-To list we have to lable them all over again - a bit annoying). Maybe this could be done globally in the User Info area - but editable on the forms Smile

Also perhaps there should be a way to rearrange the order of the email list -- I was able to do this on the page itself, but might want to add that in the "interface" along with the lables.

Finally - maybe add the option to have a top field called "select from list" (or whatever) at the top of the list that is not allowed to be selected - forcing the user to select a vaild email from list below it. Again, I was able to do this on the page itself.

Oh - one other thing. Is it possible to have the autoresponder come from whoever they selected in the "Send-to" option?
Otherwise it makes no sense to have the autoresponse message come from someone they did not send the messge to - they might think they sent it to the wrong person...

Thanks
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

I will take your comments into consideration for our next update. This probably will not be within the next six months as we just completed another major update.

Sincerely,

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: