Back to myContactForm.com - Easy email form creation and processing for your web site
myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index myContactForm.com - Help Forum
Have a question that you need answered about myContactForm.com? Post it on this message board but first search this forum and read out FAQ to ensure it has not already been answered. This is not a board to post links to your site! SPAM will be deleted!

Search MessagesSearch Messages
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two forms on one Page?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InkGoddess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Two forms on one Page? Reply with quote

Greetings!
Can I place two different forms on one page in my website?
Thanks!
InkGoddess
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Yes.

Nick Ladd
myContactForm.com
InkGoddess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: re two forms on one page Reply with quote

Thanks, how do I do that? When I try to save the html page (I use frontpage) it doesn't allow me to, giving me an error that says I have two forms with the same name, though my forms on MyContactForm have different names.
Thanks!
InkGoddess
mycontac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Technically both of the forms must have different names in the html code (although it will work if you leave them the same). The 'name' that Frontpage is referring to is different than the 'name' you gave the form in the wizard. Do the following, and it will work:

1. Paste both forms into Frontpage.
2. Go to the code view for the web page.
3. Track down the HTML (after you've pasted both of the forms to the site you should be able to find this exact code in two places):
Code:
<form name="contactForm" method="post" action="http://www.mycontactform.com/sendform/sendform.php">

4. Change one instance of the code to say:
Code:
<form name="contactForm1" method="post" action="http://www.mycontactform.com/sendform/sendform.php">

5. Change the other instance of the code to say:
Code:
<form name="contactForm2" method="post" action="http://www.mycontactform.com/sendform/sendform.php">

That should do the trick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myContactForm.com - Help Forum Forum Index -> Form Management All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: